News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

What book(s) are you reading at the moment?

Started by DanielofRedwall, August 19, 2011, 02:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gonff

I'm currently re-reading the Uglies series by Scott Westerfield.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Lily

Quote from: Redwaller on September 11, 2013, 02:12:13 AM
Quote from: Lily on September 11, 2013, 01:00:09 AM
Quote from: Redwaller on September 09, 2013, 11:53:22 PM
I'm reading Arsène Lupin, 813 who is a french gentleman-robber. One of the best books I've read!
I saw a musical based on the most recently published Arsène Lupin story. It had some of my favourite actresses in it, but I have to say that I prefer the books.
Cool! Which books did you read?
I've only read this one. The musical I saw was based on Le Dernier Amour d'Arsène Lupin which I haven't read because it's only available in French. You should read it!

Redwaller

Cool! I've been trying to get my hands on Le Dernier Amour d'Arsène Lupin, but it's not available for free.  :-\

Ferrousferret

I finished A Game of Thrones & I liked it for what it was & found it interesting with the direction they took it. But, I have to say that I liked The Sword of Truth better.

Anyway, I'm currently re-reading the second Sword of Truth novel, Stone of Tears, while I'm waiting for the 13th novel in the series, The Third Kingdom, to come in for me at the library.

Lily

Quote from: Redwaller on September 12, 2013, 01:58:59 PM
Cool! I've been trying to get my hands on Le Dernier Amour d'Arsène Lupin, but it's not available for free.  :-\
Guess what I picked up at the book store at the theatre yesterday? :) I knew there had to be a Japanese version, they made a musical out of it after all. I went to see a show yesterday, so I thought I'd check to see if they had it. It'll take me a while to read, but it'll be good practice for my Japanese. My reading isn't nearly up to the same level as my speaking ability. :P

Ungatt Trunn

I'm still reading The Hobbit...and Now its my new favourite book!!!! Its awesome!!!

Life is too short to rush through it.

Redwaller

Quote from: Lily on September 16, 2013, 02:57:16 PM
Quote from: Redwaller on September 12, 2013, 01:58:59 PM
Guess what I picked up at the book store at the theatre yesterday? :) I knew there had to be a Japanese version, they made a musical out of it after all. I went to see a show yesterday, so I thought I'd check to see if they had it. It'll take me a while to read, but it'll be good practice for my Japanese. My reading isn't nearly up to the same level as my speaking ability. :P
That's great! Hope it's as good as the ones I read!  :)

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

'OORAY!!!! Ah juzt finizhed readin' Star Wars: Heir To The Empire by Timothy Zahn. MAJOR book! Ah cannae vait tae read ze next book in ze zeriez!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

CrazyPug37

Finished Lord of the Flies.

Very descriptive and symbolic, but a tad boring.
South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Seychelles, Malawi, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Mauritius, Madagascar, Congo, Gabon, Togo, Burkina Faso, Western Sahara

Afrika United

Rusvul

Quote from: Ferrousferret on August 04, 2013, 08:21:33 PM
I know there are a few people under 13 on this forum.
Hrmm, this is almost entirely irrelevant, however I would guess a good 30% if not more are under thirteen. And from what I've heard, I'd want to be older than 13 to watch/read Game of Thrones.

Anyway, back on topic. I'm hopping around. I was reading Douglas Adams, and I found it a bit too, um, much for the moment. (So long, and thanks for all the fish.) So then I read the Fablehaven shadow plaguey thingy, but I don't have the next book in the series, so I hopped again to the Golden Compass.

Redwaller

Yesterday I bought condensed versions of:

Frankenstein

The Time Machine

The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

The Legend of Sleepy Hollow

Rip Van Winkle

The Spectre Groombride

Moby Dick

So I'm fully loaded for about a week's reading.

Next up I'll get the original versions.

Brinty

I just finished Triss! (Great book) I am rereading a book called RUNT THE BRAVE it is about a mouse kingdom attacked by rats. This is the 6th time I have read it!

Frodo: "Sam you must understand I'm going alone"
Sam: "Of course you are, and I'm coming with you!"

Hook: "Come on peter pan fly to the rescue and I'll shoot you right through your noble intentions!"

Bard: "You have no right, no right to enter that mountain!"
Thorin: "I have thee only right.

Redwaller

I'm reading The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

Firehawke

Listening to the first Harry Potter book (again) and I'm in the middle of reading Sands of Nezza (the new Adventurers Wanted) and United We Spy (the last Gallagher Girls)
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

Ferrousferret

I just finished "The Third Kingdom" by Terry Goodkind- a la, the 13th entry to the Sword of Truth Series & most recent novel from the author. MAN, that ending was just amazing! But, given others may want to read, or just have no clue what I'm talking about, I'll leave it alone.

Just started the first sequel to "A Game of Thrones," "A Clash of Kings" recently. I'm interested, but I confess I saw the TV version first & am nowhere near as interested as I was to read the last two books (I did Sovereign in a week or so & The Third Kingdom- a 500+ page novel- in about three days)

Besides, I don't even know if I can get books 3 & on anymore, given the circumstance.