News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

What book(s) are you reading at the moment?

Started by DanielofRedwall, August 19, 2011, 02:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: Lily on November 07, 2013, 12:51:13 PM
Quote from: DanielofRedwall on November 01, 2013, 02:59:48 PM
For school, I'm doing "To Kill a Mockingbird", which I'm actually really enjoying. For pleasure I'm reading "The Fault in Our Stars" by John Green, which is a little bit different to what I'd normally read but I am enjoying it nonetheless. I got through the first chapters very quickly on this one but progress has slowed due to starting TKAM.
I love The Fault in Our Stars. It's not something I'd normally read either, but I'm really glad I did. I'd probably never have read it if I didn't already watch John and Hank Green's vlogbrothers videos. You should check out his other stuff too, I really liked Looking for Alaska.
Yes, I plan to. :) It was the vlogbrothers that made me read it too (though I only really watch John's videos, Hank gets on my nerves a little bit).
Received mostly negative reviews.

Rainshadow

Finally finished Heroes of Olympus:  The Mark of Athena:D  Now to wait for House of Hades, but I'm number 308 on the list, so guess what I'm asking for for Christmas?  ;)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Rainshadow on November 08, 2013, 06:49:34 PM
  Finally finished Heroes of Olympus:  The Mark of Athena:D  Now to wait for House of Hades, but I'm number 308 on the list, so guess what I'm asking for for Christmas?  ;)

haha nice! I read the first Heroes of Olympus book in a few days. Haven't gotten around to the others yet.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

rachel25

I'm reading This Present Darkness. By Frank Peretti.  ;D

Redwaller

Reading Five Little Pigs by Agatha Christie.

In a few days I'll be receiving Watership Down and Children of Húrin, pretty excited!  ;D

Ungatt Trunn

I am re-reading The Outcast Of Redwall currently. Right now I'm on chapter 16.

Life is too short to rush through it.

MeadowR

Reading another Terry Pratchett Discworld novel. :)
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Kera Thorn Bladewind

I'm reading The Sisters Grimm Book Two: The Unusual Suspects, and Warriors: The New Prophecy: Twilight.

redwallgurl

I love the Sisters Grimm! I'm reading Choke right now by Diana Lopez, which is more eye opening if anything.
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Russano the Wise

I'm re-reading the Harry Potter series for the 3rd time now. I'm on the 5th book (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix).
"But if you really love your friends, they're never really gone. Somewhere they're watching over you and they're always there inside your heart." -Martin the Warrior

Taggerung_of_Redwall

I recently finished both Great Expectations (Dickens) and the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Adams). I also managed to get my hands on a copy of the Tolkien reader, and his Sigurd and Gudrun and Children of Hurin, the former of which I am currently reading through at a leisurely pace. I also recently got a copy of Twain's The Innocents Abroad, so I'll start reading that soon too.
I haven't really read a lot of books recently and been more with smaller pieces, so this is a nice change of pace!
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

rachel25

Still read This Present Darkness. What it's a big, like bigger that a redwall book, big.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ah juzt got Ztar Varz: Deaz Trooperz in ze mail today alon' viz a Doctor Vho video, boz from Amazon! YAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!!!! ZOMBIEZZZZZ!!!!!!! ZTAR VARZ!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

(Ah dae 'ope zat tiz better zan Ztar Varz: Red 'arvezt zat ah've avready read. Zey killed off characterz zae fazt ye never got a chance to connect viz 'em!)
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Redwaller

I'm reading Watership Down. So far so good.

Romsca

I am reading (*ahem* it's quite a long list):

Just finished The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
Currently reading Wheel of Time book #3 The Dragon Reborn by Robert Jordan
Currently reading Alex Rider: Stormbreaker by whoever wrote that
Currently reading Candide by Voltaire
Currently reading Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis