News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

What book(s) are you reading at the moment?

Started by DanielofRedwall, August 19, 2011, 02:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firehawke

@W0NWILL---I really like those books!  I can't wait to read the third one!

@Rewdallfan7---I love the Ramona books!  If you like Ramona, you should try the Clementine or Judy Moody series!
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Firehawke on August 07, 2012, 07:22:58 PM

@Rewdallfan7---I love the Ramona books!  If you like Ramona, you should try the Clementine or Judy Moody series!
Aren't they great? They're really cute. I love to see Ramona's relationship with her family. Also, I like the illustrations. I heard there was a movie on the Judy Moody books. I've never seen it, though.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Rainshadow

Awright, let's see if I can get this.  I've got 4 books I'm reading at the moment:  Venom and Song (The Berinfell Prophecies), Loamhedge (hmm, I wonder what that's from? ;D), Enter the Clans (Warriors Super Editions (?)) and The Fourth Apprentice (Warriors:  Omen of the Stars).
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Flandor

Quote from: Redwallfan7 on August 07, 2012, 08:10:16 PM

Aren't they great? They're really cute. I love to see Ramona's relationship with her family. Also, I like the illustrations. I heard there was a movie on the Judy Moody books. I've never seen it, though.

Henry Huggins and his dog Ribsy were some of my favorites; they were her books for boys.  Although I read and enjoyed Ramona too (though I wouldn't have admitted that to anyone at the time).  All her books were great though.  Socks, about the cat, and the Ralph S. Mouse books were wonderful too.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Flandor on August 07, 2012, 11:28:08 PM

Henry Huggins and his dog Ribsy were some of my favorites; they were her books for boys.  Although I read and enjoyed Ramona too (though I wouldn't have admitted that to anyone at the time).  All her books were great though.  Socks, about the cat, and the Ralph S. Mouse books were wonderful too.
Socks was another great one
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Redwaller

I'm reading The Taggerung. Before that I finished The Hobbit and will either read the Rdwall books or Lord of the Rings or Narnia.

Firehawke

The movie was actually pretty good.  They didn't base it on any one book in the series.  The author instead wrote new material for it and has turned the screenplay into a book.  I think you'd like it!
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

Gingivere Greeneyes

I'm kind of jump reading between The Long Patrol and The animals of farthing wood.
Sela: The leaf is Redwall, Chickemhound is the boot.
Chickenhound: I don't wanna be the boot!
Sela: Shut up your the boot. You, Cluny are the rock, and I'm the sports car.
Cluny: I wanna be the sports car!
Sela: No. I'm always the sports car. D:<

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Firehawke on August 08, 2012, 07:08:57 PM

The movie was actually pretty good.  They didn't base it on any one book in the series.  The author instead wrote new material for it and has turned the screenplay into a book.  I think you'd like it!
I'll have to check it out

Tiria Wildlough

Just finished Max in the Maximum Ride series. Love it!
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

DanielofRedwall

Well I've finished "The Return of the King", and I'm now reading quite a few things. I'm going through The Appendices of LOTR, while also reading "The Silmarillion". I started "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" again as I was finishing of "The Return of the King", so I'm readin that again. I stopped reading it last time because there were a number of books I wants to read. Next I plan to re-read the "Redwall" books and also "Watership Down", and when I get a day where I can just read all day I'm going to re-read "The aCall of the Wild" again (in a day, I've done it before a few times).
Received mostly negative reviews.

Flandor

Sounds like a good plan, Daniel.

I just purchased a lovely hardback of Catcher in the Rye and one of Dracula, as well as the first two Hitchhikers guide books, so those are all next on my list.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Dannflower Reguba

I JUST finished Enoch's Ghost....  No seriously, I just finished it like... 5 minutes ago. And I will start The Last of the Nephilim fairly soon.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Redwallfan7

I'm in the middle of Ramona and her Mother by Beverly Cleary

Flandor

Quote from: Redwallfan7 on August 11, 2012, 10:11:42 PM
I'm in the middle of Ramona and her Mother by Beverly Cleary

My favorite Cleary book is "Ribsy," but I also loved "Henry Huggins," "Henry and Ribsy," and "Ramona Quimby, Age 8."  Of course the Mouse and the Motorcycle series and Socks were great too.