News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

What book(s) are you reading at the moment?

Started by DanielofRedwall, August 19, 2011, 02:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on November 01, 2012, 09:28:00 PM
Castaways of the Flying Dutchman - Brian Jacques

Never read it before either, but I should enjoy it.
Hey, I'm reading that too! :D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

W0NWILL

You should enjoy it. It has a very similar feel to Redwall. Well, it should, since it's by Brian.

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on October 28, 2012, 08:51:11 AM
I'm reading Watership Down!

You love it so far. Tell me you love it! A year or two ago I attempted to read Watership Down, but it was a bit too...something for me then. Intense? In depth? Anyway, near January, I watched a couple episodes of the TV series, and I wanted to attempt to read it again. Now, I'm rereading it.

Tiria Wildlough

Yeah, I finished it yesterday. It was awesome!
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Rainshadow

Currently, I'm reading Sign of the Moon (Warriors:  Omen of the Stars).  I believe it's the 4th book in the series.  I'm trying to finish the books crazy fast because I only have about 3 weeks for all of them.  So far, so good!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

phoenixfoden

Rainshadow

Nice.  After I finish the 4th series, I'm going to restart the 1st.  I just got Into the Wild from the library, and hopefully I'll be able to read it soon!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Redwallfan7

I'm being really slow on Watership Down. Next I'll read The Devil Wears Prada and The Golden Compass books. I was planning to read The Golden Compass books a few years ago but I was busy reading other books at the time. I also want to read The Life of Pi, and see that movie as well.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

phoenixfoden

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: phoenixfoden on November 07, 2012, 10:56:58 PM
Was water ship down made into a movie?
Yes, and a good one as well. It was pretty accurate to the books and a great film to watch. Just be warned, it can be a bit... graphic, but nothing overpoweringly so. If you're sensitive to that sort of stuff, perhaps be a bit careful. It has a bit of blood and stuff in it. Also, the general mood of the film is quite downcast, so only watch it when you're in the mood and not if you just want to settle down to a happy animated film, because Watership Down is not that. I'd say recommended for about 10+. Still, it is a really beautiful movie.
Received mostly negative reviews.

phoenixfoden

Ive seen pictures of it with rabbits with blood on thier faces anyway im looking foward to walter moers sequle  to the city of dreaming books,it called thevlabyrinth of dreaming books.it comes out this month!

Tale_Zero

I tend to read two books at a time.
I'm reading Lord Brooktree and The Long Patrol.

HAI THERE! :3

(Places I can be found; The Cave Story Tribute Site Fourms: [ www.cavestory.org/fourms ] and Sheezyart [ talezero.sheezyart.com ]

Dreamer

pearls of lutra, the warlords of nin,the angel's command.
~Dreamer~

Mad Maudie

Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Redwallfan7

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on November 08, 2012, 07:56:45 AM
Quote from: phoenixfoden on November 07, 2012, 10:56:58 PM
Was water ship down made into a movie?
Yes, and a good one as well. It was pretty accurate to the books and a great film to watch. Just be warned, it can be a bit... graphic, but nothing overpoweringly so. If you're sensitive to that sort of stuff, perhaps be a bit careful. It has a bit of blood and stuff in it. Also, the general mood of the film is quite downcast, so only watch it when you're in the mood and not if you just want to settle down to a happy animated film, because Watership Down is not that. I'd say recommended for about 10+. Still, it is a really beautiful movie.
pssh... I don't mind blood. Oddly, I think its cool to see. Lol