News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

What book(s) are you reading at the moment?

Started by DanielofRedwall, August 19, 2011, 02:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwaller

I'm reading Sable Quean!

(Rogue Crew after and I finish the Redwall Series!)

Rainshadow

Wow, I tried reading The Science of Doctor Who this morning at, oh, about 7, and I don't think my brain liked it.  Sure, the first part (talking about how the Doc could live with 2 hearts) was fine, but when they started talking about how the TARDIS could be bigger on the inside, my brain just went dead.  Maybe I'll try reading it not during the morning next time.  :P
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

KitrallStreamrippler

Quote from: Para the Mite on April 15, 2013, 01:31:46 AM
One book I always meant to read (but never did) was Watership Down.
Really? I'm kinda scared of it- my older brother showed me the movie when I was a kid...

Anyway, right now I am reading Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld (he wrote the Uglies series). It is really good, especially for steampunk fans. Though if you want to get technical, it's really deiselpunk since it takes place at the beginning of World War One.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Romsca

Quote from: KitrallStreamrippler on April 18, 2013, 12:50:59 AM
Anyway, right now I am reading Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld (he wrote the Uglies series). It is really good, especially for steampunk fans. Though if you want to get technical, it's really deiselpunk since it takes place at the beginning of World War One.

I saw that one at the library! I was really considering reading it, but I chose Inkheart instead since a friend recommended that

Leatho Shellhound

I'm reading Ranger's Apprentice now. It is really awesome!
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Redwaller

I'm taking a break of Redwall and I'm reading Inheritance(the last book of the Eragon series) and next is The Mistmantle Chronicles.

Redwallfan7

I was reading IronHelm by Douglas Niles.  I quit reading it because it grew boring so now I'm reading instead DragonKnight, the third book in the DragonKeeper Chronicles.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Buzz_Bumble

I've just finished reading the newest Hal Spacejock book ... now I'm reading the current freebie Stack magazine from the JB Hi-Fi stores (it has reviews and articles about DVDs, music and games ... although I skip the music section). Then it's on to the latest issue, about three months old thanks to shipping down here to New Zealand, of the MacFormat magazine (UK magazine for Mac computers, as well as iPads and iPhones).

DanielofRedwall

Stack Magazine is fantastic, didn't know New Zealand had that as well. It has some great articles, especially on good indie musicians.

Oh, and I'm on to The Goblet of Fire now. Also Hitchhiker's Guide for the third time.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Maudie

Right now I'm reading The Two Towers (I think you all know who thats by) and Little Men by Louisa May Alcott.
Normally I wouldnt be reading two books at the same time but a week ago we saw the movie of Little Women for the first time in a long time and that made me want to read the series.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Firehawke

I really enjoyed Little Men!

I'm currently listening to Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (I love how Jim Dale reads the books!).
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

Redwaller

I'm reading Inheritance Which is the last book of the Inheritance Cycle written by Christopher Paolini.

Ungatt Trunn

I just started reading Frank E. Peretti's Monster. Its a freaky (and grusom) book, but its a Christian book, so I'll know that I will learn some moral from it all :-\.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Buzz_Bumble

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on April 23, 2013, 08:08:05 AM
Stack Magazine is fantastic, didn't know New Zealand had that as well. It has some great articles, especially on good indie musicians.

Yep, we have branches of JB Hi-Fi over here in New Zealand, The Stack magazine we get seems to be a chopped down / edited version of your Australian one ... the editing often leaves behind mistakes and talks of bits that aren't actually in the magazine (or that appear in a later issue), especially in the game section. I've been collecting the magazine since the first issue here, but that hasnt been long - we're only up to Issue 39.

Maudie

Quote from: Firehawke on April 23, 2013, 06:59:18 PM
I really enjoyed Little Men!

Yes, I like L.M.A.'s books, especially her male characters  ;D
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3