News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

What book(s) are you reading at the moment?

Started by DanielofRedwall, August 19, 2011, 02:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Redwaller on June 07, 2013, 06:58:39 PM
In a few moments I'm going to start Inkspell. (The first book was absolutely AWESOME!!!)
What is it about?

Life is too short to rush through it.

Redwaller

It's about a girl and her father, who can read things out of books. So it's around that. Research it for more detail.(don't have time at the moment)

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Rainshadow on June 07, 2013, 06:17:53 PM
Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on June 07, 2013, 05:48:47 PM
Ah juzt finizhed readin' "Wesley The Owl". It iz a great book zat ah vould recommend tae any Animal lover! It 'az a zad endin', but it iz ztill a great ztory!

Other than Wesley the Owl, what's it about?

It iz bazically aboot ziz ovl zat cannae zurvive oot in ze vild, zae 'e livez vith ziz girl. It'z zorta in ze Marley an' Me genre.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Leatho Shellhound

It's a book about a book, but it has the title of the book that the book is about. And the charcters are from the book that in the book with the same title as the book, but there are also characters that are from the book that read the book that is talked about in the book.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Maudie

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on June 08, 2013, 03:40:01 AM
It's a book about a book, but it has the title of the book that the book is about. And the charcters are from the book that in the book with the same title as the book, but there are also characters that are from the book that read the book that is talked about in the book.
Uhhhhh.....strange....

Life is too short to rush through it.

Russano the Wise

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on June 08, 2013, 03:40:01 AM

Haha, I only understood that because I've read Inkheart before, although it was a long time ago. But even so I still found that rather confusing... :D
"But if you really love your friends, they're never really gone. Somewhere they're watching over you and they're always there inside your heart." -Martin the Warrior

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Redwaller

It is confusing. But the book is Awesome! You really need to read it!

Redwaller

I just finished reading Inkspell, and started Inkdeath!

Shadowed One

At the moment I am working on reading Rick Riordan's books. I am on "The Son of Neptune" right now.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Vilu Daskar

The Lord of The Rings and The Mistmantle Chronicles
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Firehawke

I'm currently listening to Triss...as for print books, I have a stack of new ones from the library, including Wells Bequest, the new Theodore Boone, and I just finished Hero's Guide to Storming the Castle.
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

Lily

I'm going on a nostalgia trip and re-reading the Malory Towers series by Enid Blyton. Has any one else read them?

MeadowR

I'm now reading Terry Pratchett's DiscWorld novel, Lords and Ladies. :)
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014