What book(s) are you reading at the moment?

Started by DanielofRedwall, August 19, 2011, 02:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ungatt Trunn

I'm reading The Legend Of Luke right now.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Russano the Wise

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on June 29, 2013, 05:46:31 PM

That's exactly what I'm reading right now too.
"But if you really love your friends, they're never really gone. Somewhere they're watching over you and they're always there inside your heart." -Martin the Warrior

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Russano the Wise on June 29, 2013, 05:50:14 PM
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on June 29, 2013, 05:46:31 PM

That's exactly what I'm reading right now too.
It looks like were on the same reading line ;D

Redwallfan7

I finished DragonFire, book four in the DragonKeeper Chronicles by Donita K. Paul, and The Road to Oz by L. Frank Baum. I enjoyed both titles. Now I have two books from the library I want to read and DragonLight.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

DanielofRedwall

For school: The Lord of the Flies by William Golding. Pretty intense book, very well written though. For those who don't mind graphic imagery, then it is worth the read just to appreciate the language.

For pleasure: The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. Very well written, I have no doubts that this'll be a book we look back on as a classic in the years to come. Can't recommend it enough.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Gonff

I'm currently re-reading Dee Henderson's O'Mally series. It's not my favorite and can get a little bit lovey-dovey but is good for a light read.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Ferrousferret

Rereading Wizard's First Rule for the third time while I wait for The Third Kingdom to come out.

Although, it'll be back to Redwall afterward. I still haven't managed to get all my things out of my mothers' apartment yet, so I don't have the rest of the Sword of Truth novels. Just Pearls of Lutra, Marlfox, Doomwyte & The Sable Quean.

Ungatt Trunn

MeadowR

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on July 01, 2013, 02:21:31 PM
For pleasure: The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. Very well written, I have no doubts that this'll be a book we look back on as a classic in the years to come. Can't recommend it enough.

I've read that. It is well written and already it seems it's in the list of teacher's preferred books to talk about!
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Romsca

What's it about?

I finished reading Zeitoun by Dave Eggers recently. It was pretty good

DanielofRedwall

The Book Thief is set in Nazi Germany. In short, it is about a girl who steals books. It is also narrated from the point of view of Death, which makes it interesting. Despite this, the "idea" of the story (according to Death) is to show humans that they have something to live for.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Vilu Daskar

The Great Cases of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

MeadowR

^ I like the Sherlock books. :D

I'm reading Doomwyte! Liking it so far. :)
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Romsca

Later today I'm going to start reading A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway