What book(s) are you reading at the moment?

Started by DanielofRedwall, August 19, 2011, 02:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phoenixfoden

Im about to read the labyrinth of dreaming books by walter moers ;D

Ferrousferret

Still on Wizard's First Rule.

I just made it up to where the two main characters went to a really bizarre tribal village & convinced them to perform an ancestor calling ceremony to devine the location of the last part of the weapon the main villain needs as, because those who made it set up precautions that the main villain cockily activated prematurely- meaning that if they can stop him from getting all the parts & activate it before winter, he'll automatically die. He showed up in the middle of the "Gathering" & ransacked the village, slaughtering several people & the spirits wouldn't let the main character intervene in stopping it because he couldn't win. Half the village then blamed him for bringing it on them & now the two MCs are on their way to see a Witch that one of the MCs knows & whom she seems to fear as much as the villain.

Romsca

Tormod by Kat Black. It's pretty awesome, except for one thing that always annoys me. Tormod ran from home. He missed his mom. He came upon a castle. I would say the writing style seems a lot younger than the content. AARRRGGHHH!!!! I found Wheel of Time really refreshing because it's not like that. Tormod's actually a little bit bloodier than I'd expected, but it's still a really good historical... sort of... fiction

phoenixfoden

The labyrinth of dreaming books is AWESOME!!
Optimus (the main charicter) has retuned to the rebuilt city of bookholm and descovering how much the buildings and creatures have changed!!! ;D

rachel25

I'm reading a book called FireBringer its amazing its like Redwall but with deer and it has humans in it but only for a little bit  ;D

MeadowR

^ I've got that. It is a goodun. :D Have you tried 'The Sight' by the same author?
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

brookeloveslotr

Ferrousferret

Well, the witch just told them that Richard is the only one with a chance at stopping the main villain & his chance is extremely slim. She then said that Kahlan will end up killing Richard if she's allowed to live. So, now, she keeps trying to commit suicide because she legitimately believes it. Meanwhile, they know where the last "Box of Orden" is & are heading to the kingdom of Tamarang to get it, unbeknownst that the main villain is already there & is only being held up because a Wizard named Giller whom Kahlan believes has turned traitor has actually managed to sneak the box out of the castle with a six year old servant girl & is being tortured for information.

Romsca

OMG I just scanned over the plot description of that book in the other topic you created, and the plot is SO MUCH LIKE WHEEL OF TIME! :o

I can see now why you don't want to read them

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Firehawke

Going through the fifth Gallagher Girls book so I'm reading for the last one!
Also on the third Adventurers Wanted book...fourth comes out next week!
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

Russano the Wise

Quote from: Firehawke on July 30, 2013, 07:04:32 PM
Also on the third Adventurers Wanted book...fourth comes out next week!

I love the Adventures Wanted series! I didn't know the fourth came out next week! Probably won't be able to buy it on my kindle though because I'm saving up for a new computer and can't afford it.  :(
"But if you really love your friends, they're never really gone. Somewhere they're watching over you and they're always there inside your heart." -Martin the Warrior

Firehawke

It's no fun when you have to save up things!
Here's the Amazon link..
http://www.amazon.com/Sands-Nezza-Adventurers-Wanted-Book/dp/1609073290/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375294140&sr=8-1&keywords=adventurers+wanted+book+4

I don't buy very many fiction books (tend to get them from the public library), but this is a series that I try to get every book when it comes out!
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

Russano the Wise

Quote from: Firehawke on July 31, 2013, 07:11:41 PM
It's no fun when you have to save up things!
Here's the Amazon link..
http://www.amazon.com/Sands-Nezza-Adventurers-Wanted-Book/dp/1609073290/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375294140&sr=8-1&keywords=adventurers+wanted+book+4

I don't buy very many fiction books (tend to get them from the public library), but this is a series that I try to get every book when it comes out!

Thanks for that link, although I normally buy new books on my kindle because they're cheaper. Unfortunately I looked for that book on the kindle yesterday and it doesn't seem to be on there. I would get it out at the library but I don't think my library has any of those books. 
"But if you really love your friends, they're never really gone. Somewhere they're watching over you and they're always there inside your heart." -Martin the Warrior

KitrallStreamrippler

Just finished Dragon on a Pedestal and Golem in the Gears by Piers Anthony. ;D His books are great, though they can get a bit mature at times.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!