News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

What book(s) are you reading at the moment?

Started by DanielofRedwall, August 19, 2011, 02:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firehawke

Reading some books from the library now...taking a break from the third Adventurers Wanted.  I was trying to get it done before the fourth one came out, but....the release date just got moved to November!!! :-[
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

Russano the Wise

Quote from: Firehawke on August 07, 2013, 06:21:29 PM
Reading some books from the library now...taking a break from the third Adventurers Wanted.  I was trying to get it done before the fourth one came out, but....the release date just got moved to November!!! :-[

Awww, that's to bad. Do you know when in November? There's already two books I want to get coming out in November. In fact, they're both coming out the day before my birthday.
"But if you really love your friends, they're never really gone. Somewhere they're watching over you and they're always there inside your heart." -Martin the Warrior

Firehawke

Quote from: Russano the Wise on August 07, 2013, 06:34:10 PM

Awww, that's to bad. Do you know when in November? There's already two books I want to get coming out in November. In fact, they're both coming out the day before my birthday.

That's fun!!!  It looks like it's going to be coming out on the 5th.
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

Russano the Wise

Quote from: Firehawke on August 08, 2013, 07:04:54 PM
Quote from: Russano the Wise on August 07, 2013, 06:34:10 PM

That's fun!!!  It looks like it's going to be coming out on the 5th.

Haha, that's great! That is the same date the other two books are coming out. I think it's time I start dropping hints to my family about what birthday present I want... :D
"But if you really love your friends, they're never really gone. Somewhere they're watching over you and they're always there inside your heart." -Martin the Warrior

Redwaller

I'm now reading Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien.

winifred

I'm reading the Enchanted castle by Edith Nesbit and The Holiness of God by R.C. Sproul
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D
And many many more...

Maudie

Just finished The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy. I like it a lot and I think I'll be starting The Elusive Pimpernel soon.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Ferrousferret

Just started A Game of Thrones (and it's pretty similar to my own writing style. Small wonder I'be been schooled in this direction by other writers)

I got interested for a minute, but now I'm kinda slipping. I hope there are some actual fantasy elements in this book. Cause, if not, I might as well be reading medieval history...

Lily

Quote from: Mask on August 11, 2013, 05:24:50 AM
Just finished The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy. I like it a lot and I think I'll be starting The Elusive Pimpernel soon.
Cool, I loved The Scarlet Pimpernel!I remember chucking out loud while reading it on the train and getting weird looks from other people. Percy cracks me up.

*cough* The musical's really good too. *cough*

Romsca

Quote from: Mask on August 11, 2013, 05:24:50 AM

I LOVED that book! Please tell me how the sequel is!

Quote from: Ferrousferret on August 11, 2013, 02:25:34 PM
I got interested for a minute, but now I'm kinda slipping. I hope there are some actual fantasy elements in this book. Cause, if not, I might as well be reading medieval history...

LOL, I'm actually currently reading a book on medieval history right now. It's... okay... I guess. It's A World Lit Only by Fire by William Manchester

MeadowR

Quote from: Ferrousferret on August 11, 2013, 02:25:34 PM
Just started A Game of Thrones

They're great page-turners! In my opinion, they are more like a kind of 'fantasy-historical' medieval world than directly fantasy books, as the fantasy element is kept pretty low, which I personally like. However I am a tad wary of discussing this book here, as it's certainly of a mature level.

As for me... still reading 'Wolf Hall'. It's a long book and I did have my holiday... not usually so slow with books!
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Dag Downyfur

Reading a book called Beautiful Darkness, second in its series, really awesome book (for people who like magic/fantasy and romance).

After that and another book I'll read Triss, yay for Redwall!
Doctor Who is epic, so is Sherlock. And many other fandoms, but there's not enough room to list them all in my signature!
"I am and always will be the optimist, the hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams." -Matt Smith

Russano the Wise

I'm taking a break from my Redwall re-read and have started reading The Hidden Kingdom by Tui Sutherland. It's the 3rd book in the Wings of Fire series.

Kera Thorn Bladewind

Let's see.... I'm rereading Guardians of Ga'Hoole: The Hatchling by Kathryn Lasky, I just started Shadow Children: Among the Enemy by Margaret Peterson Haddix, and um...that's probably all.

Dag Downyfur

Quote from: Russano the Wise on August 15, 2013, 06:35:30 PM
I'm taking a break from my Redwall re-read and have started reading The Hidden Kingdom by Tui Sutherland. It's the 3rd book in the Wings of Fire series.

Ooh ooh, I love that series but haven't gotten a chance to read that one yet, I want to own it but it wasn't at the book store last time I was there..
Doctor Who is epic, so is Sherlock. And many other fandoms, but there's not enough room to list them all in my signature!
"I am and always will be the optimist, the hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams." -Matt Smith