News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

What book(s) are you reading at the moment?

Started by DanielofRedwall, August 19, 2011, 02:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeadowR

~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Dag Downyfur

I am now reading Watership Down. Somewhat like Redwall, but not quite..still an amazing book!!
Doctor Who is epic, so is Sherlock. And many other fandoms, but there's not enough room to list them all in my signature!
"I am and always will be the optimist, the hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams." -Matt Smith

Russano the Wise

Quote from: Dag Downyfur on August 19, 2013, 01:44:09 AM
I am now reading Watership Down. Somewhat like Redwall, but not quite..still an amazing book!!

I've been wanting to read that book for quite a while but I've never gotten around to getting a copy from the library.
"But if you really love your friends, they're never really gone. Somewhere they're watching over you and they're always there inside your heart." -Martin the Warrior

Iamthatis

IAMTHATIS MY SWORD SHALL WEILD FOR ME
RIP BRIAN JACQUES

Firehawke

Sable Quean.
Also going to re-read the Janitors series starting later this week, since the 3rd book is coming out next month.
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

Kera Thorn Bladewind

Now reading The Mistmantle Chronicles: Urchin of the Riding Stars. I am now going to hug Captain Crispin.

Redwaller

Quote from: Kera Thorn Bladewind on August 21, 2013, 08:12:12 PM
Now reading The Mistmantle Chronicles: Urchin of the Riding Stars. I am now going to hug Captain Crispin.
That book is very good!

Romsca

I thought they were okay.

Soon I'm going to read The Prince by Machiavelli! :D I like old books like that :)

Maudie

I'm reading Summer of my German Soldier, so far, so good.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Vilu Daskar

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ah'm readin' Ztar Varz: The Nev Jedi Order Dark Onzlought I. Tiz really good. Ah'm rootin' for ze Yuuzhan Vong av ze vay!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Aldeneg

Quote from: Vilu Daskar on August 24, 2013, 05:05:27 PM
I'm reading The Chronicles of Prydain
AH! I LOVE the Chronicles of Prydain!! :D

I'm currently alternating between rereading "The Long Patrol" and "The Rowan" by Anne McCaffrey

Vilu Daskar

Quote from: Aldeneg on August 24, 2013, 06:49:14 PM
Quote from: Vilu Daskar on August 24, 2013, 05:05:27 PM
I'm reading The Chronicles of Prydain
AH! I LOVE the Chronicles of Prydain!! :D

I'm currently alternating between rereading "The Long Patrol" and "The Rowan" by Anne McCaffrey
I like them so far but Redwall is better
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Kera Thorn Bladewind

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on August 24, 2013, 06:15:37 PM
Ah'm readin' Ztar Varz: The Nev Jedi Order Dark Onzlought I. Tiz really good. Ah'm rootin' for ze Yuuzhan Vong av ze vay!

I think I read that one a very long time ago. New Jedi Order was just kinda depressing to me...