News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

What book(s) are you reading at the moment?

Started by DanielofRedwall, August 19, 2011, 02:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russano the Wise

Quote from: Vilu Daskar on August 24, 2013, 05:05:27 PM
I'm reading The Chronicles of Prydain

I remember reading that series several years ago. I really enjoyed it. Maybe it's time for a re-read.
I love this topic. It's giving me so many ideas for books I need to re-read and brand new books that I might want to read sometime.
"But if you really love your friends, they're never really gone. Somewhere they're watching over you and they're always there inside your heart." -Martin the Warrior

Iamthatis

IAMTHATIS MY SWORD SHALL WEILD FOR ME
RIP BRIAN JACQUES

Kera Thorn Bladewind

Fire Bringer by David Clement-Davies. And I thought Watership Down was violent... If they kill one more charcter that I like...

Jacx

I've just finished reading the Castaways of the Flying Dutchman books, I've always been just a Redwall fan but I think its now safe to say am a Brian Jacques fan

Rainshadow

I've just finished Airborn by Kenneth Oppel, and my goodness, that was a great book!  There was some minor swearing in it, which I wasn't totally pleased with, but it was a great storyline.

Currently I'm reading Dragon and Thief by Timothy Zahn, and frankly, I'm not sure what it's about.  I'm on the second chapter, but I just got it because I wanted a book and it sounded interesting.  :P
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

MeadowR

Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson. Wanted to read this classic for a while and I got it for just 10 pence!! :D
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

The Shade

I was just reading the Cherub books...not too bad...a bit violent though... 
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Firehawke

William Shakespeare's Star Wars: Verily A New Hope (very funny so far!)
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

Ungatt Trunn

Life is too short to rush through it.

Wolfhunter333

I'm reading the Artemis Fowl series. I've been meaning to read them but i just got to it. I'm on the third book and they're pretty good so far, I have to say.

Firehawke

The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

Redwaller

I'm reading Arsène Lupin, 813 who is a french gentleman-robber. One of the best books I've read!

Russano the Wise

I'm reading The Bellmaker right now. I just went to my library's annual booksale and got some books that I want to read. So once I finish The Bellmaker I'll probably take another break from my Redwall re-read and read those books.
"But if you really love your friends, they're never really gone. Somewhere they're watching over you and they're always there inside your heart." -Martin the Warrior

Lily

Quote from: Redwaller on September 09, 2013, 11:53:22 PM
I'm reading Arsène Lupin, 813 who is a french gentleman-robber. One of the best books I've read!
I saw a musical based on the most recently published Arsène Lupin story. It had some of my favourite actresses in it, but I have to say that I prefer the books.

I'm just about to read Percy Jackson: The Titan's Curse. One of my students loves the series so I decided to read them so we could talk about them. They don't take long to get through but they're good fun.

Redwaller

Quote from: Lily on September 11, 2013, 01:00:09 AM
Quote from: Redwaller on September 09, 2013, 11:53:22 PM
I saw a musical based on the most recently published Arsène Lupin story. It had some of my favourite actresses in it, but I have to say that I prefer the books.
Cool! Which books did you read?

I'm just about to read Percy Jackson: The Titan's Curse. One of my students loves the series so I decided to read them so we could talk about them. They don't take long to get through but they're good fun.
I'm going to look into the Percy Jackson Series soon (probably).