What book(s) are you reading at the moment?

Started by DanielofRedwall, August 19, 2011, 02:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

Yes. And if you want to laugh, read it.
It combines fairy tales, like the third pig from Three Little Pigs story, LOTR, Snow White, Aladdin, Little Boy Blue, and so many more. It. Is. Hilarious.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Norham Waterpaw

I just finished reading The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

It. . . Wasn't. . . Creepy. . . At. . . All.

They. . . All. . . Lied. . .
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Wylder Treejumper

I read the whole Inheritance series over the weekend. 2855 pages. I guess I just have too much time on my paws.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Kera Thorn Bladewind

Wow. How do you do that? I wasn't a big fan of those books. I quit halfway through the last one. :P

Wylder Treejumper

"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Vilu Daskar

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

The Skarzs

Quote from: Norham Waterpaw on March 18, 2014, 01:53:48 AM
I just finished reading The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

It. . . Wasn't. . . Creepy. . . At. . . All.

They. . . All. . . Lied. . .
;D
I actually really enjoy that book.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Norham Waterpaw

I did too, but it wasn't as creepy as people said. It was a little bit of a letdown.

So was the ending, because just when you think the climax will happen, it ends. It wasn't even a cliff-hanger ending either.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Vilu Daskar

I quit half way through it because it was boring
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Ferrousferret

I'm up to Feast for Crows, then Dance With Dragons after. Although, I'm a little bit peeved to find out that there's still two more books in the series that aren't out yet.

Firehawke

Reading the first Cragbridge Hall book...the second one just came out, but it's not in the budget.  But, the library ordered a copy, so I just have to wait for it to be catalogued!

Have the first book in the new Brandon Mull series sitting on my desk and I hope to start it this weekend.  Hope it's good!
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

Lady Amber

I'm in the middle of reading The Legend of Luke.

BadgerLordFiredrake

Reading Divergent for the first time xD

Recently finished The 13 1/2 lives of Captain Bluebear, the Alchemaster's Apprentice, and Rumo and his Miraculous Adventures, all by Walter Moers.
baby turtle forever

White One6193

Quote from: The Skarzs on January 14, 2014, 10:24:45 PM
I'm reading The Elfstones of Shannara. Interesting book.

ANYBODY who enjoys fantasy should read the Shannara books. They are great.
"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!

Gonff the Mousethief

Now on Triss, but I am also reading Watership Down (which I am moving VERY slowly on) and My side of the mountain for school.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.