News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

What book(s) are you reading at the moment?

Started by DanielofRedwall, August 19, 2011, 02:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Log-a-Log

I'm reading Lord of the Flies right now. Its pretty cool
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Mad Maudie

well right now i am reading The penderwicks by someone
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Redwall Musician

Quote from: Mad Maudie on December 06, 2011, 01:45:03 AM
well right now i am reading The penderwicks by someone

Do you like them? There by Jeanne Birdsall!
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Mad Maudie

i finished the first one in one day and loved it now i am reading The penderwicks on Gardam street by Jeanne birdsall
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Firehawke

I love the Penderwicks!!!  Batty's my fav!

I just finished listening to Anne of Avonlea and pretty soon I'm going to start listening to Emma.  It should be interesting for me, since I've never read Austen before.  How I got my MA in English without reading any Austen, I don't know!

In terms of print vs. audio, I'm reading Redwall Winter's Tale, and I just started reading the new Spaceheadz book.
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

Nightfire

Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Redwall Musician

Quote from: Firehawke on December 06, 2011, 07:13:59 PM
I love the Penderwicks!!!  Batty's my fav!

I just finished listening to Anne of Avonlea and pretty soon I'm going to start listening to Emma.  It should be interesting for me, since I've never read Austen before.  How I got my MA in English without reading any Austen, I don't know!

In terms of print vs. audio, I'm reading Redwall Winter's Tale, and I just started reading the new Spaceheadz book.

I LOVE The Penderwick too! Wait, I said that already! My favorite is Skye, she reminds me of me in more ways then one way.

I finished the Two Castles book. Now on to Ragweed...
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Rollo the Baby Bankvole

I've read Mattimeo, Salamandastron, The Pearls of Lutra, The Taggerung, Triss, Eulalia!, Lord Brocktree, The Legend of Luke, The Bellmaker & The Long Patrol! xD
??Just close your eyes, the sun is going down, you'll be alright, noone

Lily

Quote from: Nightfire on December 06, 2011, 09:55:48 PM
I'm starting to read I, Jedi. ;D

Whooooaaa, that brings back memories! I love Corran Horn.

I started reading Legend by Marie Lu. I don't think it's anything special yet, but maybe when I get more into it things will start to happen.

Rollo the Baby Bankvole

I've finished Salamandastron and now I'm reading The Pearls of Lutra xP I'm only up to Chapter 4, though xD
I've read Mattimeo, Salamandastron, The Pearls of Lutra, The Taggerung, Triss, Eulalia!, Lord Brocktree, The Legend of Luke, The Bellmaker & The Long Patrol! xD

Tiria Wildlough

Way to go, Rollo! You have an awesome adventure ahead of you. I'm up to The Sable Quean.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Coobreedan

I'm reading Holes (by Louis Sachar) at school. It is a brilliant book and you all MUST read it.
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

DanielofRedwall

I didn't enjoy it that much...

At school we read "The Cay" by Theodore Taylor, "Bridge to Terabithia" by Katherine Paterson and then we had the option to do "Holes" or an Australian novel I doubt you have heard of. I read about half of "Holes" and the swapped. Maybe not half, but enough to get the general idea.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Rollo the Baby Bankvole

Cool! :D

I've read "The Cay," as well, Daniel ;D Did you like it?

DanielofRedwall

Yeah, it was pretty good. I would have liked the ending to be a bit more then "his sight came back and he was found", though. Lots of us cried when Timothy died (I didn't!).
Received mostly negative reviews.