News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

What book(s) are you reading at the moment?

Started by DanielofRedwall, August 19, 2011, 02:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukka the Sling

I finished TRotK the other day, and am currently reading The Silmarillion (which I actually began before I was completely done with TRotK). I'm reading it straight through, but also flipping ahead and reading snippets of it. Some parts are pretty dark and violent, but it's awesome.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Delthion

The best of all in my opinion.

I just finished "The History of the Kings of Britain" by Geoffrey of Monmouth. It was awesome. Saxons are EVIL!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Eulaliaaa!

Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Dawnwing

I just listened to the audio version of "Seraphina" by Rachel Hartman this weekend.  I enjoyed it.

Banya

Ah Eul!  I just finished Lord Brocktree.  I'd forgotten so much in the years since I last read it, so it was like reading a new book.  I love it more now than I used to.
Sadly, now that Spring Break is over I'm back to reading textbooks.

Mhera

Quote from: Banya on March 10, 2015, 01:53:17 PM
...and being on the forums, right? :D

As for what I'm reading, it's Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer and it's about a disastrous Everest expedition in the '90s. Haven't read much of it yet, but so far the book has been interesting.

Banya

Quote from: Mhera on March 10, 2015, 02:09:56 PM

Now that I'm back in class, yes.  :)

Delthion

Quote from: Mhera on March 10, 2015, 02:09:56 PM

As for what I'm reading, it's Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer and it's about a disastrous Everest expedition in the '90s. Haven't read much of it yet, but so far the book has been interesting.

My dad loved that book.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Luftwaffles

Riding the Bullet by Stephen King. I'm still reading Watership Down, but this other book seems short enough to let me enjoy my bus trips... or at least try, because reading in a vehicle is hard to me.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Rainshadow

I'm currently trying to get through Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, but it really isn't getting me interested currently.  I watched the film first, so now the book is predictable and slightly dull.

After I finish Goblet of Fire, though, I'm thinking of rereading Dragon Age: Asunder.  I like that book.  It's sad and it made me cry.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Luftwaffles

Quote from: Rainshadow on March 11, 2015, 08:19:33 PM
  I'm currently trying to get through Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, but it really isn't getting me interested currently.  I watched the film first, so now the book is predictable and slightly dull.

After I finish Goblet of Fire, though, I'm thinking of rereading Dragon Age: Asunder.  I like that book.  It's sad and it made me cry.

I know what you mean, that was my least favorite book on the series... it is like it never really starts and I had a hard time getting thru it. But I have to say that it is 1000 times more enjoyable than the movie (although that should be no surprise).
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Eulaliaaa!

Ah Eul!  I just finished Lord Brocktree.  I'd forgotten so much in the years since I last read it, so it was like reading a new book.  I love it more now than I used to.

I've not read that book in a very long time, I think I forgot how good it was.  ;D
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

MeadowR

Quote from: Rainshadow on March 11, 2015, 08:19:33 PM

It's not the best book of the series, but it's still much better than the film version, which chopped and changed way too much so lots of scenes are brief and awkward, and so much left out.

I'm reading Outcast Of Redwall. :D On a Redwall roll at the mo...
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

White One6193

Quote from: MeadowRabbit on March 27, 2014, 04:40:45 PM
Started a trilogy by Bernard Cornwall, first one is called 'The Winter King'.

That series is quite good. The writer has a talent for making a time and place not your own feel just like home.

Heck, anything written by Bernard Cornwell is good. His Sharpe series is the only fiction wherein the character has survived being played by Sean Bean (actor famous for dying on screen see: Boromir, Ned Stark, etc).

At any rate you will love it I'm sure.
"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!

Gonff the Mousethief

Having to read The Miracle Worker by William Gibson for school. It's Ok so far, for we have to read just the script for the play.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.