News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

What book(s) are you reading at the moment?

Started by DanielofRedwall, August 19, 2011, 02:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icefire

Quote from: Mad Maudie on March 02, 2012, 09:21:46 PM
Dave at night
Is that one by the same the same gal who wrote Ella Enchanted, etc.? I think I read that....I didn't really like it though.

I finished The Spanish Brothers by Deborah Alcock. a little while ago and thought it was FANTASTIC!!!! All the christians on this forum should read it! Right now! GO! READ IT!!!!!!
I also recently finished The Basket of Flowers by Christopher Von Schmid. Again, GO READ IT!!!!!

Now I'm reading A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens.
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Nightfire

Currently, I'm reading the Bible, but nothing else at the moment. I'm on Judges 2 right now. ;D
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

eualaia

right now i'm reading isle of view by piers anthony (xanth novel)
wolves will slay whoever they want to.....*growl* "AGHH''

Mad Maudie

i am reading poppy i can not believe they had the main character from the last book die in the first chapter of this one!!!!!!
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Icefire

Quote from: Nightfire on March 05, 2012, 01:11:01 AM
Currently, I'm reading the Bible, but nothing else at the moment. I'm on Judges 2 right now. ;D
Cool! So do you have a specific reading plan or are you a "random reader"?

Bragoon

I'm reading with the M'cheyne Bible-in-a-year plan.  It's (for the most part) four chapters a day. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Icefire

I've tried Bible in a year plans, but I always end up getting really stressed if I miss a day and then give up because I don't do well under stress. I'd like to be able to do that, though. It must give you a great big picture view of the Bible to complete it in such a short time.
I'm reading throught the Bible chronilogically right now. I've gotten to the point where I'm reading in 1 Chronicles, than Psalms, then 1 Kings, then Psalms, then....Yeah, it's fun. I love seeing where the Psalms fit.

Bragoon

I did at first, but then I realized that it wasn't a big deal.  If on a Sunday I could make it up, great, but if not, it won't kill me to read the Bible in a year and two weeks.  It's better than I've done before.  :P
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Nightfire

Quote from: Icefire on March 06, 2012, 03:33:04 PM
Quote from: Nightfire on March 05, 2012, 01:11:01 AM
Cool! So do you have a specific reading plan or are you a "random reader"?

I read one chapter in my Bible each night. I plan to read the whole thing verse-for-verse. I started Genesis 1:1 a few months ago, and hopefully, I'll reach Revalation sometime next spring. *shrug* Just one chapter each night, because it's a lot to take in.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Mad Maudie

Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Redwallfan7

Anyone read the Warriors and Seekers series? Those rock
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Bragoon

I've read most of the Warriors series, but I really only liked the first one.  I'm not much of a cat guy.

Redwallfan7

I'm going to start on those I meant to say that before, I got a book in it but I didn't realize it wasn't the first one.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

redwallgurl

right now im rereading doomwyte and marlfox
Fun. is a fantastic band.

DanielofRedwall

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows". Time to end the series...
Received mostly negative reviews.