News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

What book(s) are you reading at the moment?

Started by DanielofRedwall, August 19, 2011, 02:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanielofRedwall

"The Hobbit" by J.R.R. Tolkien. Can't believe I haven't read this yet, but I will and  then move on to the Lord of the Rings books.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Tiria Wildlough

Not really reading anything at the moment... :-\
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

WildDoogyPlumm

Rereading Taggerung, and reading Theodore Boone: Kid Lawyer for book club.
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Mad Maudie

nothing and i am going insane i've gone two weeks without a book and i am loosing my mind!!!!!!!!!!! aarrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggg that didn't help ether i want to read Tom sawyer though
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

MatthiasMan

Icefire

I finally finished A Tale of Two Cities last Saturday!
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Redwallfan7

I finished Rakkety Tam, now I'm on High Rhulain
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Bragoon

Mockingjay.  My grandma is a huge fan of the Hunger Games and made me read them while I'm here.  She took me to see the movie too.  :P

I have mixed feelings about it.  I think that I like it, but every time that I decide I do, something throws me for a loop.  I'm going to take it as a good thing though, say it's good writing or something.  But, I think once I'm finished, I'll end up deciding that I really like it.

I like Peeta a lot more than Gale.  This is going to sound cheesy, but I see a lot of myself in Peeta, and I see a couple of things that irritate me in Gale. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Icefire

Gale sucks.
I used to think there was actually a chance that he and Katniss could get together and that would be fine with me, but there is no way.
My feelings are completely mixed when it comes to that series. I hated it at first, but then I got the point the author was trying to make and I felt that I had made peace with the series...then I read Mockingjay where she ruined my second favorite character. That was unforgivable....

Bragoon

I'll probably have finished it by the time I'm next able to get on for very long, so I'll be able to offer more insight soon. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Icefire

No prob.
I'm sure I'll still be ready and willing to rant away by the time you get back! ;D

Redwall rules

Yah, go and boil your beak, General Pongo!!!

Said by someone from the book Mattimeo

redwallgurl

Finally I finished watership down and now rereading eualalia( spelling) relistening truss and reading for new the third book in the clique series
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Tiria Wildlough

My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.