News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

What book(s) are you reading at the moment?

Started by DanielofRedwall, August 19, 2011, 02:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwallfan7

No, I haven't read LOTR. But I'm going to request the first one from my library
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

psybox

okay, do you at least know the basic storyline?

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Rainshadow

Quote from: danflorreguba on June 29, 2012, 08:46:32 PM
Quote from: Rainshadow on June 29, 2012, 07:41:30 PM
  I liked the first book.  You may have a different opinion about it when you read it, but I liked it.  Oh, and BTW, Eye of the Oracle is really long.
HA! Not nearly as long as "The Bones of Mokaidos is going to be! I pulled it out of a box at Christamas time and could have sworn it was a brick!

I don't remember how long The Bones of Mokaidos is, but I remember that Eye of the Oracle is something like 600 pages.  It was probably my favorite though.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

W0NWILL

I'm reading The Half-blood Prince for the fifth time. And Legend of Luke for the fourth time.

AbbotAlf0805

The Bellmaker, The Rogue Crew, and Marlfox!
I will lead Redwall Abbey to a golden age of peace through the power of Jesus Christ.

Redwallfan7

Wind in the Willows, and I'm finishing Voyage of the Dawn Treader

Flandor

Quote from: Redwallfan7 on July 01, 2012, 11:21:24 PM

I LOVE the Wind in the Willows.  I have a beautiful illustrated copy.  Its one of my all-time favorites.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

AbbotPlumble

Rainshadow

Warriors, The Power of Three:  Outcast

Just started it, but I like the other two books.  Outcast is the third, to all those who don't read Warriors.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

psybox

Rainshadow

Third in the Power of Three series.  I should have specified.  But yeah, it's the 15th over all.

psybox

i don't care that they divide the series into sub-series's, its still warriors, and its still the 15 book.

Capn Greypatch

Speaking of Lord of the Rings, is anyone else really excited for the Hobbit movie? :D I love the movies, though I haven't read the books either, other than the Hobbit (which wasn't too exciting..)
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing". - George Bernard Shaw

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Flandor on July 01, 2012, 11:44:20 PM
Quote from: Redwallfan7 on July 01, 2012, 11:21:24 PM

I LOVE the Wind in the Willows.  I have a beautiful illustrated copy.  Its one of my all-time favorites.
Have you read the sequel? Or just the first one?