What book(s) are you reading at the moment?

Started by DanielofRedwall, August 19, 2011, 02:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainshadow

If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

redwallgurl

i just finished the secret keeper which was really gooood!
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Redwallfan7

I just started on the first Lord of the Rings book.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Rainshadow

Finished Outcast, now I'm on Warriors, The Power of Three:  Eclipse.  Lol, not to be confused with Twilight:  Eclipse.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Rainshadow on July 09, 2012, 11:42:51 PM
  Finished Outcast, now I'm on Warriors, The Power of Three:  Eclipse.  Lol, not to be confused with Twilight:  Eclipse.
Twilight books bore me.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Rainshadow

Never read any of them, and I plan to not read them ever.  I just stick to the animal fantasy stuff.  Things.  Yeahhh.

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Rainshadow on July 09, 2012, 11:45:10 PM
  Never read any of them, and I plan to not read them ever.  I just stick to the animal fantasy stuff.  Things.  Yeahhh.
Me too. My friend's favorite books are the Vampire Diaries, but they annoy me. Stephanie Meyer is a terrible author, sorry to any on this forum who thinks otherwise.

Rainshadow

I'm not offended! ;D  Warriors and Redwall rule!!!

Bragoon

I would encourage you to be careful to differentiate between an author who writes poorly and an author who writes about subjects that you don't enjoy. 
I've never read any of the Twilight books, and I have no wish to because of the subject matter.  However, I wouldn't say that she's a bad writer, because I've never read any of her books, so for all I know she's the most scintillating author ever to live. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

SableFury

I read the first Twilight book a while ago, but it wasn't really my thing. Oh well! Currently I'm e-reading Loamhedge. Finished re-reading Triss yesterday, and Doomwyte the day before that.
"Did you just fall?"

"No, I attacked the floor."

"Backwards?"

"I'm freaking talented,okay?!?"

Dear Cool People:
         They didn't name a candy after you,did they?
                   Sincerely, Nerds

Rainshadow

I just finished Curse of the Spider King and am now working on Venom and Song.  Both are from the Berinfell Prophecies.

Redwallfan7

Now I'm on a historical christain animal/fantasy book, The Prophet, the Shepherd, and the Star by Jenny L. Cote. Her books are really well written IMO. I read her first and second book. Can't wait to see what new surprises are in store for this one.

Rusvul

Quote from: Redwallfan7 on July 09, 2012, 11:47:20 PM
Quote from: Rainshadow on July 09, 2012, 11:45:10 PM
Me too. My friend's favorite books are the Vampire Diaries, but they annoy me. Stephanie Meyer is a terrible author, sorry to any on this forum who thinks otherwise.
my mom read them, she said that they were brilliant stories, but horribly written. and i am reading redwall atm, but as soon as i can obtain it i will read The Enchantress, sixth book in The Alchemyst series

W0NWILL

I'm about to start Theodore Boone, has anyone read it and liked it? Or read it and didn't like it.

Redwallfan7

I'm also starting on some more of the Ramona series by Beverly Cleary.