News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Reading book challenge!

Started by Martha Braebuck, June 21, 2011, 07:18:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: gorath on May 29, 2012, 10:04:17 PM
Screenname: Gorath
Book your going to read or read: The Rogue Crew
Time it took: 1 hour and 16 min.

Not possible.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Wisteria Wild Cat

Quote from: danflorreguba on September 10, 2012, 06:17:01 PM
Quote from: gorath on May 29, 2012, 10:04:17 PM
Screenname: Gorath
Book your going to read or read: The Rogue Crew
Time it took: 1 hour and 16 min.

Not possible.

It's possible if you're a FAST reader. I am quite fast, I read a book with 625 pages in a few hours, like 3 or something. I'm superhuman.  ;D
I'll have to read another Redwall book again and time myself.
I am so unbelievably busy at the moment, (BECAUSE I'M MOVING!!!) if you need me, which you most likely won't, PM me!

PrimroseWarrior

Screenname:PrimroseWarrior
Book your going to read or read:Taggerung
Time it took:1 hour
"Every fairytale needs a good old-fashioned villain. You need me, or you're nothing."
    ~Moriarty

"People have died."
"Thats what people DO!"

"Did u miss me?"
      ~Moriarty & Sherlock

Rainshadow

:o :o  How do you guys do that?!?!  I have a lot of time on my hands and I can't even finish Loamhedge!  It's taken me like 4 weeks already!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Redwallfan7

I finished The Hunger Games in two days.,
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Rainshadow

It's harder to re-read books.  Like, it took me only 3 days to finish Redwall the first time.  The next time it took me waaaayyyy longer.  It's just not as exciting the second time through.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Redwallfan7

Oh. I wouldn't know, I don't think I've ever re read a book before.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Wisteria Wild Cat

Quote from: Redwallfan7 on September 12, 2012, 04:23:07 AM

Really?!?! There's one book I've read about six times now, I could practically quote it! I re-read books all the time.
I am so unbelievably busy at the moment, (BECAUSE I'M MOVING!!!) if you need me, which you most likely won't, PM me!

Redwallfan7

Yes, really, Lol. I re watch movies and tv shows, but I rarely re read books.

W0NWILL

Quote from: Wisteria Wild Cat on September 13, 2012, 06:19:50 PM
Quote from: Redwallfan7 on September 12, 2012, 04:23:07 AM

Really?!?! There's one book I've read about six times now, I could practically quote it! I re-read books all the time.

Same. I've read 'Triss' about eight times, and counting. I'll take the challenge for Loamhedge. I'll post my results.

GeminyaTome

Quote from: Rainshadow on September 12, 2012, 04:04:12 AM
  It's harder to re-read books.  Like, it took me only 3 days to finish Redwall the first time.  The next time it took me waaaayyyy longer.  It's just not as exciting the second time through.
I skim read each time, so each time I read it's like reading a new book. I re-read books ALL the time..... I also read new books ALL the time!! I really like reading. ;)
Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God. For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

Psalm 90:2,4

W0NWILL

Hear, hear!

I'll start Loamhedge soon.

Redwallfan7

Loamhedge is great! I love the Dreaded Bragoon and Saro song.