News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Ollmcrainn

Started by Delthion, September 03, 2014, 01:22:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should I lift the ban on magic and cats?

No
Yes
Magic, but not cats
Cats, but not magic
I probably won't listen
If it says to lift either bans.

The Skarzs

Head would have an equal qualm over the superiority of weasels. . .

As for the twenty cattle you mentioned, I would be able to trade fifteen tons total of whatever metal you require. Besides the choices known to the upperdwellers, we have found a few more robust metals that have been tested against both time and for their strength. These are: Corium- a red-tinted metal that is of light weight, and strong up to a shattering point from nine tons of pressure on an inch-by-inch square. Delvinium- A metal that will never tarnish, this dark silvery substance is the favorite of the Trolls for it's durability and workability, as well as it's epic color; it bends under twelve tons of pressure, but will never shatter. Lastly, we have the Karundan Metal- This is a most rare of colors for metal, bearing a dark green pallor. We have mostly used it for decoration, but it has a decent strength, tending to be very springy after forming, and is useful as a reinforcement for bow spines.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Izeroth

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on September 03, 2014, 09:07:00 PM
I think you mean: Dogs have masters, cats have friends
Why do you want a creature that is totally obedient in every way? That defies their evolution/creation (whichever you believe in)
Believe it or not, animals do not exist for our own amusement, dogs were created by humans from much greater and more noble beings, a wolf is awesome, a dog is a pitiable example of the evil that humans do

It's kind of the dogs' fault that they were domesticated. These "awesome" wolves would go in to human settlements for food, and over time humans took them in and selectively bred them. If wolves wanted to stay wild they shouldn't have gone to the humans...

Delthion

Quote from: The Skarzs on September 03, 2014, 09:38:04 PM
Head would have an equal qualm over the superiority of weasels. . .

As for the twenty cattle you mentioned, I would be able to trade fifteen tons total of whatever metal you require. Besides the choices known to the upperdwellers, we have found a few more robust metals that have been tested against both time and for their strength. These are: Corium- a red-tinted metal that is of light weight, and strong up to a shattering point from nine tons of pressure on an inch-by-inch square. Delvinium- A metal that will never tarnish, this dark silvery substance is the favorite of the Trolls for it's durability and workability, as well as it's epic color; it bends under twelve tons of pressure, but will never shatter. Lastly, we have the Karundan Metal- This is a most rare of colors for metal, bearing a dark green pallor. We have mostly used it for decoration, but it has a decent strength, tending to be very springy after forming, and is useful as a reinforcement for bow spines.

Wow, that sounds invincible, I don't think I want any of those, but would send some miners over?

Quote from: Izeroth on September 03, 2014, 11:55:11 PM
Why do you want a creature that is totally obedient in every way? That defies their evolution/creation (whichever you believe in)
Believe it or not, animals do not exist for our own amusement, dogs were created by humans from much greater and more noble beings, a wolf is awesome, a dog is a pitiable example of the evil that humans do

It's kind of the dogs' fault that they were domesticated. These "awesome" wolves would go in to human settlements for food, and over time humans took them in and selectively bred them. If wolves wanted to stay wild they shouldn't have gone to the humans...

Just drop it. Nothing's going to come of it except an argument.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

The Skarzs

Hmm. . . You give us the cows, and we'll let you do some mining. Sound good?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

rachel25

This Kingdom interests me. Once i get my office kingdom Topic up we could talk about trading Del.

Delthion

Quote from: The Skarzs on September 04, 2014, 04:48:26 AM
Hmm. . . You give us the cows, and we'll let you do some mining. Sound good?

That sounds acceptable.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Delthion

Izeroth

But it wasn't even dead yet... that is not how necromancy works! You should study the book of necrotology, by Grave H. Stone, necromancer.

On a different note, I might be interested to trade with this kingdom. Do you sell mercenaries by any chance?

Delthion

I don't sell them. But you might try the Marbah Plains, to the south.

Cornflower MM

Yes, dogs have master, cats have friends. I don't like being somebody's master - I like being friends. One reason I love my chickens so much. And I'm choosing to NOT debate with you on your latter point, Jet.

LIFT THE BAN ON CATS! LIFT THE BAN ON CATS!

rachel25

No, no, no! Dogs have masters, and cats have slaves. (though I honestly wouldn't mind a cat when I have my own house  :P)
Hey, Del! Do you want to trade goods, at all?

Delthion

Sure.

You can be a master and a friend: I would direct you to "The Eagle of The Ninth" by Rosemary Sutcliff.

Delthion

New addition! I have the best plane manufacturers on the continent.

Rusvul

*Casts flight spell*

I have good maneuvarablity, as well, only 6.8 MPH though. I have Teleport for long distance travel :3