News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The strange movements of the guests

Started by The Skarzs, September 11, 2014, 08:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

Five guests are printing the Introduction Topic at this moment.
Two days ago, two were viewing Wot Wot's profile.
There is always at least one guest viewing 'Something very bad happened to me the other day' or 'The Master of the Pitiless Mists, OOC discussion and sign up'.

What other strange happenings do you notice from the guests?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Izeroth

The guests have been terrorizing my kingdom lately... I've sent patrols to hunt them, but we cannot kill them all.

Cornflower MM

Once, ten Guests were viewing my profile. At one time.

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Cornflower MM

I know! I was thinking over my posts and wondering if I'd asked people to view my profile.

Have you noticed tons of Guests start to register for an account, but then it's like they never do? I see it all the time, on Who's Online. It'll say

Guest:                   Registering for an account.

So I watch, so I csan welcome them. But no new member ever pops up.

Delthion

Odd, but then again the Guests were zombified.

Delthion

Izeroth

I think a lot of people get turned off by the fact it requires your email.

Rusvul

If they do anything on the internet, then that usually wouldn't be the case... 99% of forums or social media require your email, these forums are a lot safer and such than, say, Facebook. Less information collected, no experiments without asking you, et cetera...

Maybe some people like Redwall or something, but don't actually care enough to join the forums.

Although if guests are always viewing certain topics (Yes, apparently, they are) then they're bots. Nobody would leave their computer powered on and viewing the same page, refreshing every fifteen minutes, for weeks on end.

Jukka the Sling

Some of the 'guests' might be Google things that crawl the forum.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Rusvul

Google things? Let's see...

LEMURE

Medium Outsider (Baatezu, Evil, Extraplanar, Lawful)
Hit Dice: 2d8 (9 hp)
Initiative: +0
Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares)
Armor Class: 14 (+4 natural) touch 10, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +2/+2
Attack: Claw +2 melee (1d4)
Full Attack: 2 claws +2 melee (1d4)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: —
Special Qualities:
Damage reduction 5/good or silver, dark-
vision 60 ft., immunity to fire and poison, mindless, resistance
to acid 10 and cold 10, mindless, see
in darkness
Saves: Fort+3, Ref +3, Will +3
Abilities: Str 10, Dex 10, Con 10, Int —, Wis 11, Cha 5
Environment:Nine Hells of Baator
Organization:Solitary, pair, gang
(3–5), swarm (6–15),
or mob (10–40)
Challenge Rating:1
Treasure:None
Alignment:Always lawful evil
Advancement: 3–6 HD (Medium)
Level Adjustment:—

I think that just about fits. Here's the description:

The creature surges forward, not unlike a molten mass of flesh oozing across the ground. It has a human-shaped head and torso, but its body is a shapeless mass below the waist. A permanent expression of anguish twists across its face. Lemures are pathetic creatures that mainly serve as slaves and conscript troops for more powerful Baatezu.

Yup. Google things.

Jukka the Sling

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Rusvul

Whaaaaaat? I'm sure Google has some demonic servants...

The Skarzs

Uhhuhuh. . .
LET'S GET BACK TO CORN FOR THE WEATHER.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.