News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

The Song of the Explorer. Sign-ups Closed.

Started by Delthion, September 22, 2014, 10:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delthion

OK, no problem! And wow, you're going to have two characters? If you are going to make them be on the same ship then you don't have to post two or more character sheets. But if you want to that's also fine!
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Wylder Treejumper

Species: Fox
Name: Sir Leonas Drayton
Ship Class: Explorer
Ship Type: Caravel
Ship Name: The Leah
Position: Captain
Appearance: Sir Drayton is a very gallant looking fox, with a brave smile and a twinke in his eye. He has a medium build, thick, lustrous red fur, and bright green eyes.
Clothes: He has an excellent sense of fashion, and usually wears a well cut uniform tunic with an explorer's vest and a sash, rounded off with a dashing red cloak and a feathered admiral's cap set at a jaunty angle.
Weapons: Rapier, Flintlock pistol
Personality: Sir Drayton is gentlemanly and gallant- at least until danger strikes. He is, above all, a coward. Otherwise, he is well-spoken and enthusiastic about his ideas- which can be problematic as he is not all that bright. He can endure the ship's food- though he eats far better than the crew- but loves fine wine and has a weakness for beautiful women.
Extras: A gold gorget and gold cuffs
Native Land: Southsward
History: Sir Drayton is a rich lord- he is actually a count, but thinks "Sir Leonas Drayton" sounds more dramatic. He read some (very romanticized) accounts of exploration at sea and promptly decided to turn sailor. His family was by no means disappointed, and helped him purchase a ship and crew so as to get the bufoon out of the house. He luckily was able to obtain the skilled, but young, sailor Jareth Skyreach as the mate, or no doubt a mutiny would have happened long ago, despite his only having been a sailor for about a month.
Other:

Species: Wildcat
Name: Jareth Skyreach
Position: First Mate
Appearance: Jareth is a muscular blue tom with piercing blue eyes. He is quite tall.
Clothes: He wears a loose, sleeveless tunic and trousers so as to not interfere with his jumping and climbing. He has a leather belt with a couple pouches and a dagger hanging off it.
Weapons: Longsword, daggers
Personality: Jareth is a rather unusual sailor- he is quiet and temperate. He is introverted to the point of shyness, but friendly. He is thoughtful and intelligent, and pays careful attention to others. He is a courageous warrior and enjoys battle, but does give quarter if asked (He dumps them overboard).
Extras: Jareth does not like jewelry- he thinks it gaudy and unattractive.
Native Land: Salamandastron
History: An orphan brought up in the dock wards of Salamandastron, Jareth has been sailing nearly as long as he has been walking. While many orphans turned to crime to support themselves, Jareth was lucky. He fell in with a group of otter and squirrel sailors who "adopted" him, and sailed on many voyages with them until he became old enough to set out on his own. He was able to sign on quickly as first mate when Sir Leonas Drayton came looking rather cluelessly around for a ship and crew, and managed to secure a good crew, mainly ex-navy hares, otters, and some squirrels. As it is, he truly runs the ship, Sir Drayton mostly hangs around giving useless orders.
Other: Jareth is particularly adept at jumping and is an excellent climber, as good as many squirrels. His signature moves in battle involve pouncing on or over his enemies, and he can easily jump up and scale a mast. He also has developed a taste for hotroot.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Delthion

Alright, as soon as your characters are up we can get this Juggernaut moving!

Frasier Reference
"Let's get this bloody boat movin'!"
[close]

Also, the only actual bad people are the pirates, and the Flitchaye of Thairn.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Wylder Treejumper

Say, Del, any gunpowder weapons (cannons on ships, flintlock pistols)?
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Delthion

No cannons, but possibly the most primitive of pistols. I guess that's alright.

Delthion

Accepted!

I'll try to get this up tonight!

Trexonian

Still can't find a ship to take me as first mate.

Delthion

OK. You can join mine, but have you tried PM'ing Han?

Rainshadow

Quick question:  Are the explorers casting off currently, or are they still in the mountain?
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Delthion

They are still in the mountain, they'll be casting off around noon and the sun has just dawned.

Trexonian

Alright, I got a ship now. When is this thing starting?

Delthion

OK, it's actually already started. Which ship did you get?

Delthion

LT Sandpaw

Okay so I'm joining so if you want me to do anything specific when starting just say so. ;)

Species: Gray Squirrel.

Name: Captain Ivan Vasten.

Ship Class: Merchant.

Ship Type: Caravel.

Ship Name: Surf Rider.

Position: Captain.

Appearance: He is tall for a squirrel with the normal brown/gray fur of his kind, he has the look of a born fighter about him and an air of confidence.

Clothes: He wears a simple Brown tunic and gray pantaloons, with a fine sword belt.

Weapons: He carries a good cutlass and a large longbow.

Personality: Ivan Is a confident quiet squirrel with a knack for drawing and navigating. He is brave and never lets a challenge pass. Ivan will accept nearly any challenge given to him and will complete them to the best of his ability.

Extras: Ivan does not believe in finery or decoration.

Native Land: The Southern edge of Mossflower.

History: Ivan is from a long line of warrior merchants, trained to out fight and out deal any beast who would try to best them. The ship Surf Fighter has been passed from father to son for generations giving it improvements over the long seasons of sailing. Ivan now old enough to take his fathers place at the tiller of the Vasten vessel sails the seas close to Mossflower carrying many different types of cargo and passengers. Ivan has taken to exploring over trading though he will still carry for the right employer.

Other: Because of the small size of the Surf Rider it can only carry at max twenty creatures, it's normal crew size averaging around a good dozen.

So I might later do another character but that's it for now. ;)

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro