News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

The Epic of The Golden Tomb

Started by Unimaginative, September 23, 2014, 10:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unimaginative

Garin Dungan, the small Fennic Fox, walked away from the merchant's stand with several apples in his pouch. Not that the merchant knew. Garin was a poor beast, and mistreated because of his ancestry and species. But he had a plan to make himself rich. All it involved was discovering and looting the famous, coveted, and lost Golden Tomb.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Cornflower MM

Arya Brushtail was busy running through a few small, unimportant errands, while dreaming up. . . . . Things. She day-dreamed a lot, and most of it was impossible. Or so her friends and family said. Being one of the discoverers of the Golden Tomb was a chief one. Closing her eyes and walking, she started muttering under her breath about the tomb. . . . . . . And walked into someone. Opening her eyes, she exclaimed, "Oh, I'm sorry!"

OOC: I was thinking it could be Garin, Han. Or it could be a random person. Slight PP there, too.

Delthion

OOC: I'm sorry but I don't really understand this whole band thing, it wasn't really clear if you join a band or are in a band at all. Could someone clarify?
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Cornflower MM

OOC: What the heck are you talking about, Del?

Delthion

OOC: Oops, that was dungeon explorers. Sorry.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Gwen A. Mouse

((OOC: It's up! Yay!!))

Emilaya was enjoying the bustling market. It was one of her favorite places to be- so much activity! And, of course, increased opportunities for mischief. Nicking a couple of fresh rolls from one beast's shopping basket and depositing them into a passing mouse's pouch, for example.

Smiling, the otter sighed contentedly. Here she was in her element. Putting her in a crowd was like dropping a fish in his home river. Ears always open to catch interesting tidbits, she soon took notice of a distracted-looking squirrelmaid. Muttering something about a tomb, and treasure, the squirrel bumped into somebeast.

Now if that wasn't opportunity, she didn't know what was! Doing her best to look disinterested, Em wove her way through the crowd toward the squirrel. She ended up in front of a fruit merchant's stall nearby, pretending to inspect his wares when in truth she was hoping to hear the squirrel reveal more information.
"You need to get yourself a better dictionary. When you do, look up genocide. You'll see a little picture of me there and the caption'll read 'over my dead body'!" -The Doctor

Unimaginative

Garin turned around irritably when someone bumped into him, causing him to drop the apples he was carrying. "Watch where yer going!" he said, then ran around trying to recollect his lost food.

Cornflower MM

"I'm sorry!" Arya said again, running to help him collect his apples, muttering under her breath again about he tomb.

Delthion

Feldion was sitting in a dark corner of the inn watching everyone going in and coming out, he destested being the center of attention and preferred to see but not be seen.

Jasper

A figure in a dark cloak with the cowl pulled down over his face sat impassively in the corner of a smoky Inn. His fingers caressed his deadly dagger's hilt and as he rested his head, the cowl pulled up to reveal a toothy sinister smile. Foulfang Messycoat, the sinister one, was back in business.

His previous crimes as ringleader in the slave trade, among other things, had landed him behind bars for several seasons. Now his term was up and Foulfang was ready to go back in business. Every second of his free time in the cells had been spent practicing, be it fist fighting, knife work (this he practiced with a small rock from the walls of his cell) or simple workouts, Foulfang had done it. He had led a band last time, but that band had gotten him caught. This time Foulfang worked alone.

As he leaned against the corner he allowed his head to droop to the side, giving him an easy view out the window. That was when he set eyes on a likely candidate. A young squirrel maid and several other creatures were on the square outside of the Inn. He watched them pick up the apples in pondering silence.

"Yesss thesse are perfecttt!" He hissed to himself. His dark cloak swished as he launched into action. He shoved and pushed his way through the Inn, and exited out the back door. This left off into a darker alley, full of rubbish and trash. He used these things to his advantage and climbed up onto the roof of a smaller neighboring building. Now he could follow the young unsuspecting creatures silently from above!

Unimaginative

Garin grunted in reply, gathering up his apples, then registered that the squirrel had mentioned a tomb. "Tomb?" he whispered, curiosity prominent in his tone. The Fennic fox glanced around, then looked back at her. "Perhaps we should talk in the inn." he nodded towards said inn, then started walking towards it.

Dannflower Reguba

Saerilla was heading out of the market place and towards her resting ground, a small inn tucked away in a corner of the city. It wasn't the nicest neighborhood in town, but the inn was neat, and the owner was relatively friendly. With hood drawn, she heard the tumble of something arguably squishy ahead and heard the parley that followed. She was getting close to the inn when the fox faintly expressed interest in entering. As he moved off, she politely raised her paw toward the doorway and nodded, indicating that she would wait for them to enter as they were closer then she.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Cornflower MM

Arya nodded, and then smiled at the polite hooded figure, bowing her head in thanks as she followed the fox. The squirrelmaid held the door open from within for the figure, seeing as it was a polite thing to o.

Dannflower Reguba

She nipped inside as soon as she realized that the latter was holding the door open for her. Upon entering, Saerilla lowered her hood and spoke to Arya, "Why thank you, not a commonly recognized gesture aroun' these parts. Though I guess I should leave you be, business is business." The golden squirrelmaid winked and gave the other a bright smile, "Good day." She went off to the small dining section and sat herself down somewhat wearily, things had been a little crazy today, but then again, when were they not?
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Cornflower MM

Arya raised an eyebrow, but politely nodded, then ran after the fox.