News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Skarz's Sketches

Started by The Skarzs, September 29, 2014, 03:32:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russa Nodrey

Freddy

MeadowR

Great work on this! Believable pose and nicely done realistic look to the wildcat's face.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

shisteer of nothing much

Ooooh, that's so awesome!
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

The Skarzs

This isn't Redwall related art, but I plan to do art in this medium. I got a drawpad as a gift, and have only just sat down to use it. For my first two sketches, I think they're pretty good.
At first I was going to go all-out and try a face, but then I realized it would probably be better if I went back to basics, since digital art isn't something I've done before. So, here's a simple shape, with some rough shading.
Sphere
[close]
Aaaand with my confidence built up, I tried my hand at a realistic human body, using a bottom layer, later removed, as a base on which I could trace out a more natural shape. My next step for something like this would be to add another layer for shading and color, and maybe even remove the lines totally. Slightly scandalous? Maybe? I don't think so.
Male form
[close]
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Kade Rivok

Cool!  The sphere's shadow has an outline around it, but other than that I think you did a nice job with the shading.  I like the slight light wrap on the dark side of the sphere too.  No idea how accurate that is since art isn't my forte, but it looks nice ;D
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

The Skarzs

Thanks, and yeah, I'm aware. I'll get better at shadows.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Russa Nodrey

Freddy

foxpen

A draped, nice! Digital medium takes a bit of getting used to, but the right program can make a difference. What program did your drawpad come with? 

I use a tablet, myself, and use GIMP and openCanvas. Sometimes, when I'm sketching with pencil and paper, I'll make a mistake and spend half a tic wondering where the Undo button is XD

Ally046

I didn't know you were an artist!?!?! ^-^

These are great! :laugh:
Cobb, Ember, Nutmeg, Pingvin, Diann, Celest, Cinnabon, Coco

The Skarzs

Thanks!

Quote from: foxpen on June 18, 2021, 05:01:56 PM
A draped, nice! Digital medium takes a bit of getting used to, but the right program can make a difference. What program did your drawpad come with? 

I use a tablet, myself, and use GIMP and openCanvas. Sometimes, when I'm sketching with pencil and paper, I'll make a mistake and spend half a tic wondering where the Undo button is XD

That's funny.
It didn't come with one. The drawpad is the Huion Inspiroy. I downloaded a free program called Autodesk Sketchbook.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ally046

Quote from: foxpenSometimes, when I'm sketching with pencil and paper, I'll make a mistake and spend half a tic wondering where the Undo button is XD

Same though! XD

The Skarzs

Here's another. Gonna attempt some Redwall-like art soon.
Spoiler
[close]
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Russa Nodrey

Freddy

Ally046

Wow!    Nice, what program did you use?