Seahawks
0 (0%)
I don't care
2 (25%)
What's the NFL?
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Søren

If there is already a thread about this, please let me know.
Anyway, this is my new NFL thread. Anybody like professional American football? If you do, sound off here!
By the way, I'm a Pats fan all the way. Elated we won today. ;D :D

I'm retired from the forum

The Skarzs

I'm more of a 'fan' when the Superbowl comes; before that, not so much.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

James Gryphon

I know hardly anything about football, don't follow it, and don't really care, but my 'favorite team' is the Detroit Lions -- I like lions, and they've never had cheerleaders, so I figured it was a good fit for me. Plus, since they've always been terrible, nobody can accuse me of jumping on any bandwagons. I'm closest geographically to the Dallas Cowboys, though.
« Subject to editing »

CaptainRocktree

Green Bay Packers all the way!!!!
Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien

Wylder Treejumper

I don't particularly have a favorite team, I just like a good game. Blowouts are no fun to watch... It's the close games that are good.

I am closest to the Seahawks, though.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Delthion

Soren! You are now my eternal enemy!

I am a Colts fan! Let the so-called Patriots burn in their awful franchise!  ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Rusvul

Geographically I'm closest to the Jaguars. But then, I don't care about football. My mom cares more about the Browns than anything else, though.

Unimaginative

My three big teams are the Packers, Ravens, and Patriots, despite living right by Denver.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Søren

Quote from: Delthion on October 13, 2014, 02:52:36 AM
Soren! You are now my eternal enemy!

I am a Colts fan! Let the so-called Patriots burn in their awful franchise!  ;D
Well, considering that Payton Manning is supposed to be friends with Tom Brady, can't be too much of an enemy, right?
Or are you mad about the Divisional game last year?

I'm retired from the forum

Jetthebinturong

I dislike all sport but curiosity has led me to come here. This is not supposed to be a dig at America, it's genuine curiosity, why is football called soccer over there? And why invent a game in which your feet barely ever touch the ball and call it football?
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Skarzs

Not sure (Just us silly Americans). Of course, why call a game 'Cluedo' when it kind of makes more sense to be called 'Clue'? ;)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

Pretentiousness? A joy found in making things not make sense? The fact that it is boring to call a game by a real word? We will probably never know
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

rachel25

I like watching the high lights of American Football, but I will never understand why it's called football when you use your hands. That's just weird.   :P

CaptainRocktree

Quote from: rachel25 on October 13, 2014, 06:13:09 PM
I like watching the high lights of American Football, but I will never understand why it's called football when you use your hands. That's just weird.   :P
Even though I'm American I still have no clue why its called football :P Maybe to get attention :D
Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien

Wylder Treejumper

No idea. My best guess is that American Football started out as soccer and then the rules were changed to make it more exciting and then we changed the name of the original sport to soccer so it wouldn't be confusing. But that is just a random theory.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.