News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Topic where we revel in our weirdness.

Started by Faiyloe, October 14, 2014, 12:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delthion

That is most certainly true...for me.  ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

BlueRose

@Del: I do know, actually. I'm obsessed with Japan and I know why.

@Skarzs: Something "so completely different"? So you think that you are superior because your interest is something "normal"? You have a small mind, dearie.

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on October 17, 2014, 02:27:45 AM
Yeah, but eh, the whole Japanese stuff goes slightly overboard with that... I would classify it as unacceptable.

Define "the whole Japanese stuff", please. Personally, I like the culture and the art of several Asian countries. I find that learning about the countries I'm interested in and talking about them makes me feel more well-rounded as a person, instead of just being 'American'. Isn't there anything you are passionate about? Something you could talk about for a long time, and something you enjoy talking to others about? Like Redwall, for instance. How do you feel when other people call your passion "unacceptable"? Think before you say things, Wylder. I don't care much that you have a bias against the things I like, because I've grown up around people who don't understand that my interests are just as important as theirs, but I'm not the only person on this forum who likes Japan.

And seriously? "The dark side of Japan"? You haven't even seen half of the good things about Japan, and definitely not the dark side.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Delthion

I don't really care for the culture of the States either, but I don't really care for Japan's either. I really love Irish music so that's one reason why I would love to move there, I also love its landscape.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Wylder Treejumper

I wasn't trying to be insulting... I guess I need to be more clear when I make a bad joke... ::)

Anyways, I have nothing against Japan. I even like Japan. It is a hard working, democratic country.

I just have a problem with Anime stuff. Just that style of art and ideology in general gets on my nerves.

I do have passions. You just brought one up at the wrong time. My passion is my country. If you can't tell by my signature, I am intensely patriotic. What's wrong with being just "American"?
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Delthion

Wylder Treejumper

"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Delthion

Quote from: Delthion on October 17, 2014, 02:36:54 AM
Quote from: BlueRose on October 17, 2014, 02:22:38 AM
Quote from: BadgerLordFiredrake on October 17, 2014, 01:01:46 AM
What's with America/Europe obsessed with Japanese stuff?  :P

It's the complete opposite in Asia. Everyone, to some extent, desires and loves that which is exotic and wishes to emulate that which is different in the hopes of becoming something better in their own eyes than those around them. We bore of the monotony of our lives and countries, and so therefore we reach for the things that excite us and idolize the things that break from the mold of what we personally know as "normal".

Wow, basically, your trying to come up with a smarter way of saying that you don't know?   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

BlueRose

There's nothing wrong with just being 'American'. Other people just may not have the same tastes as you. It's fine that you don't like anime or manga, I honestly don't give a darn, but I ask that you be careful when saying that next time, instead of just labeling the passion for it as unacceptable.

Also, during the next few months, if you make jokes of such a nature around me, please be certain to state that. My temper is not very stable at the moment.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Wylder Treejumper

I simply think a lot of Anime is... well, simply put, not acceptable in its portrayal of certain things.
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Delthion

Wylder Treejumper

-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Delthion

SXMlMjBpdCUyMGFsbCUyMHJpZ2h0JTIwdG8lMjBicmluZyUyMHRoaXMlMjAlMjJDb2RlJTIyJTIwb3V0JTIwb2YlMjBpdHMlMjB0b3BpYyUzRg==

Wylder Treejumper

SSUyN3ZlJTIwYWxyZWFkeSUyMGRvbmUlMjBpdC4=
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Delthion

VHJ1ZSUyQyUyMGp1c3QlMjBuZWVkZWQlMjBzb21ldGhpbmclMjB0byUyMGVuY29kZS4=

Wylder Treejumper

QkFTRS02NCUyMG11c3QlMjBpbmZlc3QlMjBhbGwlMjB0b3BpY3MlMjElMjBTcHJlYWQlMjB0aGUlMjB2aXJ1cyUyMSUyME1XQUhBSEFIQSUyMSUyMSUyMQ==
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington