News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Topic where we revel in our weirdness.

Started by Faiyloe, October 14, 2014, 12:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Wylder Treejumper

RG8lMjB5b3UlMjBoYXZlJTIwYSUyMHByb2JsZW0lMjB3aXRoJTIwaW5zYW5pdHklMkMlMjBEZWwlM0Y=
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Delthion

VW0uJTIwTm8lMkMlMjBzZWUlMjB0aGUlMjBJbnNhbmUlMjBBc3lsdW0uLi4=
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

BlueRose

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on October 17, 2014, 03:01:47 AM
I simply think a lot of Anime is... well, simply put, not acceptable in its portrayal of certain things.

*giggles* That's the point sometimes. (First rule of an anime heroine: pink hair.)
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Rusvul

I simply think a lot of Anime is... well, simply put, not acceptable in its portrayal of certain things.
Could you define not acceptable?

I do have to agree, anime hair- from what I've seen- is usually ridiculous.

"She's a mutant! Look at her eyes! No-one has eyes that big! Her forehead is enormous!" ~Totalbiscuit, being forced by his wife to play a Japanese dating-sim type game.

Hilarious stream.

The Skarzs

I agree with Totalbuiscuit.

Quote from: BlueRose on October 17, 2014, 02:44:42 AM
@Skarzs: Something "so completely different"? So you think that you are superior because your interest is something "normal"? You have a small mind, dearie.
I don't appreciate that assumption. And no, I don't think that I am "Superior because my interest is something 'normal' ", because my interests are not normal.
I'm just noting that anime isn't normal in it's art, it's ideas, plots, etc. Of course, with the disturbing amount of people obsessed with it now, it could be considered 'normal'.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

Rusvul

Quote from: The Skarzs on October 17, 2014, 03:46:11 AM

@Skarzs: Something "so completely different"? So you think that you are superior because your interest is something "normal"? You have a small mind, dearie.
I don't appreciate that assumption. And no, I don't think that I am "Superior because my interest is something 'normal' ", because my interests are not normal.
I'm just noting that anime isn't normal in it's art, it's ideas, plots, etc. Of course, with the disturbing amount of people obsessed with it now, it could be considered 'normal'.
Define 'Normal.' A bunch of subjective words are being thrown around here, 'Not acceptable' and 'Normal' and so on... Specificity?

I personally have nothing against anime, it is not to my taste and it can sometimes make me a little uncomfortable. Doesn't make it bad, though.

The Skarzs

My definition is probably the same as yours, Rus.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

BlueRose

Quote from: The Skarzs on October 17, 2014, 03:46:11 AM

Oh, this should be fun. I wasn't meaning to insult you, I just recognized the things you had said as a fault that shows itself in many pre-teens and young adults these days. I'm dealing with it myself. Inexperienced people like us tend to think that we are "different" than everyone else because of something we like our some way we act. We pride ourselves in being "not normal", because that is our way of identifying ourselves and setting us apart from everyone else. It's delusional, really, and I only say it that way because I'm delusional too. There is really no such thing as "normality" because everyone has a different definition of what is normal.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

The Skarzs

I wasn't insulted, by any means. Yes, we all do want to be different that other people, but eventually the 'not normal' things become the normal, like anime.

I'm going to stop posting about this because I foresee this going around in loops for an indefinite period of time. For now, I shall revel in the weirdness that I am a troll.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

BlueRose

Anime is normal for some, not for others. The definition of normal is never constant. "Normal" is a liquid. A very shiny liquid towards which everyone strives.

Rusvul

Quote from: The Skarzs on October 17, 2014, 04:42:59 AM
My definition is probably the same as yours, Rus.
Definition of what- 'Normal', or 'not acceptable'? Presumably 'normal', yes. Hm.

I'd agree with you, Blue, there is no objective definition of 'normal' aside from 'what the majority is.' Which doesn't really say anything, because that is perceived differently by everyone, and responds to everyone differently.

Normal is entirely subjective.

BlueRose

Jetthebinturong

That really doesn't help anyone to understand why you dislike it, certain things could be anything
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan