News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Topic where we revel in our weirdness.

Started by Faiyloe, October 14, 2014, 12:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusvul

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on October 21, 2014, 10:17:34 PM
Indeed... Productivity is not come by through the playing of video games.

I would beg to differ. Look at Esports, look at Youtubers, look at Streamers. While it may not always be productive, it certainly can be- Productivity can definitely come through the playing of video games. Most particularly good games, as well, make you think. Chess isn't any more of a thinking game than Hearthstone or LoL or especially Starcraft, nor is it any better in any way except possibly personal preference.

Also, enjoyment is just as relevant as productivity. Personally, I'd rather do things I like and just do okay financially, than live my life with plenty of money to pay for things I never have time to use, because I'm too busy working a job I dislike.

Quote from: Delthion on October 21, 2014, 09:04:39 PM
Yes, but it still feels as if you could be doing something fun that is more beneficial.
Something along the lines of?  (Curious, not saying that's impossible)

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rainshadow

Quote from: The Skarzs on October 21, 2014, 11:27:01 PM
(Blacksmithing)

The only time I ever tried blacksmithing, the first time I swung the hammer, I somehow managed to smash my thumb and blacken it for several days.  Blacksmithing wasn't all that fun for me.  :P
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

The Skarzs

Foolish girl. ;D

Yeah, I've done that before. :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rusvul

Blacksmithing is fun, yes. I would have to agree.

Lady Amber

BlueRose

I said something stupid to my mom this evening (but y'all might get a crack out of it anyways). So, I asked if we could go see Big Hero 6 after my first SAT test, and then I said "or would it be better to wait until after your birthday to get the Senior Citizens discount?" ............ She said "I hate you", and then shooed me out of the room (she was grinning, though, so it was ok.)
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

The Skarzs

Heh heh heh. I really want to see that movie. :D

^How I feel putting on my scuba suit.

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on October 22, 2014, 06:55:32 PM
Blacksmithing is fun, yes. I would have to agree.
And you can revel in being weird. Here:

Look! A squiggle! (Literally what it's called :P)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rainshadow

Quote from: BlueRose on October 23, 2014, 03:40:13 AM
I said something stupid to my mom this evening (but y'all might get a crack out of it anyways). So, I asked if we could go see Big Hero 6 after my first SAT test, and then I said "or would it be better to wait until after your birthday to get the Senior Citizens discount?" ............ She said "I hate you", and then shooed me out of the room (she was grinning, though, so it was ok.)

*Snorts*  Sounds like something I'd say to my dad.  (I probably HAVE said something similar at some point, lol.  :P)  And I wanna watch Big Hero 6, too!  Looks really interesting, although I don't think the rest of my family wants to go see it.  Hmm... maybe I'll drag my friend into going with me... she likes watching movies with me at the theatre...

So I decided to re-watch Free! today, even though I'm watching several other shows currently.  There's just something about Free! that makes me want to watch it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Rusvul

Blacksmithing, yes, yes... Knives I made. Almost identical. :D

...Certainly took a while..

(Also, Google Drive is exceedingly useful)

BlueRose

Quote from: Rainshadow on October 23, 2014, 04:13:32 AM

*Snorts*  Sounds like something I'd say to my dad.  (I probably HAVE said something similar at some point, lol.  :P)  And I wanna watch Big Hero 6, too!  Looks really interesting, although I don't think the rest of my family wants to go see it.  Hmm... maybe I'll drag my friend into going with me... she likes watching movies with me at the theatre...

So I decided to re-watch Free! today, even though I'm watching several other shows currently.  There's just something about Free! that makes me want to watch it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...

Oh, yay! I'm not the only crazy around who makes randomly derogatory comments about their parent's age. ;P That is really nice to know.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Rainshadow

Quote from: BlueRose on October 23, 2014, 04:43:59 AM
Quote from: Rainshadow on October 23, 2014, 04:13:32 AM

Oh, yay! I'm not the only crazy around who makes randomly derogatory comments about their parent's age. ;P That is really nice to know.

Seeing as I get my sense of humour from my father, sometimes I decide to display this gift he's given me.  He doesn't always appreciate it, but sometimes I get high fives or fist bumps from my mom and/or siblings.  ;D

BlueRose

Haha. My mum says I get my sense of humor from my dad, a statement I find odd, because I never met him. D'you know if humor is hereditary?

Rusvul

I don't think humor is hereditary in the sense that it's in your genes, but it IS hereditary in that your sense of humor is immensely shaped and changed by your upbringing.

The Skarzs

That made sense.

And unfortunately I can't see that picture, Rus. :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.