RP: teh first one!

Started by Trigoma, June 22, 2011, 01:52:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trigoma

alright i got tired of waiting soooo here goes. it will take some kinks to work out but its worth a try!

alright this is the planning thread! send me in a format of...

Name: (your RP name)

occupation wish: (give me 2 or more occupations u would want as in "cook or abbess" if there is some1 who wants the same ill flip a coin to see who gets wut lol)

species: (self explanitory)

other: (as in color, ability...stuff like tht!)

alright nake ur post short and sweet to keep out confusion for me! it dont take much lol. and if u have any probs send in pm as to not litter this!
alright! and this is new to me and others so were working out the kinks! and ur not superbeast so dont be like "other: super powers" xD anyways lets go!

"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: Trigoma on June 22, 2011, 01:52:25 AM
Name: (your RP name)

occupation wish: (give me 2 or more occupations u would want as in "cook or abbess" if there is some1 who wants the same ill flip a coin to see who gets wut lol)

species: (self explanitory)

other: (as in color, ability...stuff like tht!)

Name: Skipper Webbtail (Webb for short)
Age: Ummm... however old skippers usually are, it doesn't really mention that in the books. I guess I'd like to be pretty young for a skipper...
Species: Otter. Even if I don't get flip chosen to be skipper, I still want to be an otter!
Other: Master of all weapons, but usually uses an otter javelin and sling. Excellent swimmer, can eat lots of hotroot soup in one go.

I've already planned a back story for him, it would still work even if I'm not skipper. I'd take too long to post it here, so Trigorma if you want to know it tell me and I'll PM it to you. Cheers.
Received mostly negative reviews.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Name: Friar Saulyle (Saul or Lyle for short)
Species: Mole
Other: Wears a kilt and is a wee bit senile. Takes cooking a little more seroiusly than your average cook.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Redwall Musician

Name: Diamond Orchid (girl)

Species: Hare

Other: Dresses in bright colors. Good voice, but not amazing. Came from Salamandostron (spelling?) and was part of the Long Patrol. But loves peace. Carries a short sword.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Trigoma

alright thanks for the volunteers. one more persone and we'll be on our way!

@danial: yes post it so i can see how this will work out!

alright guys lets see if we can get one more. ima getting u guys sorted out now!

edit: also if u have suggestions about things u think might stop the fun tell meh! after all this is too work out the kinks! after of couple test ones we should be able to make a pretty fun one! also...

1. a suggestion i got said tht it could get pretty boreing if were r just 1 caracter through the whole thing. so i made a choice tht u can be 2 caracters. If u want u can be 1,  but 2 is the max. if u have already been one caracter feel free to modify your post!

2. also im gonna make this a free role play. as in the ones tht post in here r the main ones and will have some authority but i have the last word. any1 who didnt post in the thread can still join but have no word in anything other then his/her caracter. fair enough? ok if u have probs pm me them! thanks!

-Andronicus Trigoma-

"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Just a small question. Are we going to get a small backstory, in other words, was there a recent drought? Siege? Plague? Etc...?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Trigoma

hmm good idea didnt think of tht. remember though please send ideas in pms! ty people lets get one more in this going. ill wright the back ground story when i start the actuall thread!
—Happy Mask Salesman

DanielofRedwall

Alright, you asked me to send you my characters back story, so here it is, I'll tell it as if I am the character.

I'm from an island. When I was just a babe, the island was attacked by vermin, lead by a murderous wildcat. Everyone in my tribe on the island died exept for me and my father, who escaped on a small vessel on the island.

We arrived on the shores of Salamandastron, where we were taken in to be cared for. While we were there, my father died and I was raised by the badger lord. I speant so much time with the badger lord I lost my otter accent and started talking more like him.

As I grew older, the badger lord did to. He realised that I couln't stay there forever, so he sent me to Redwall Abbey. There, I learnt that the wildcat and his crew were still alive. I went on a trip with my best friends, a squirrel and a mole, as well as the otter crew and the Long Patrol hares to fight him. The journey took us to Southsward at Castle Floret, where the wildcat had made home. I ended up falling in love with one of the otters in the otter crew. To cut a long story short, I killed the wildcat, but I was seriously injured and my mole friend died, as well as the skipper. As we got back to Redwall, They cared for me adter my injuries, I married the otter I fell in love with and I was annointed the new skipper,

That was just an idea I had, the RP doesn't have to be about that, but there could be references to that story. Oh yeah, and I still haven't come up with a name for the otter I fell in love with, any ideas would be awesome!

Redwall Musician

You could use a name like Wisteria, Riverbud, or Waterlily.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Or take two names you really like and combine them.
ex: Bob+Billy=Boilly
Maybe something not as stupid (assuming that you consider it to be stupid) as this, but still...

Mariel

Name: Superstripe
species: Badger
Other: Has excellent fighting skills and an immense array of weaponry that he carries with him at all times.  He is followed by his trusty hare, Edwin.

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: Redwall Musician on June 24, 2011, 05:47:10 PM
You could use a name like Wisteria, Riverbud, or Waterlily.
I was considering Waterlily, but I think I like Wisteria better! I think I'll use that! Thanks!

Trigoma

alright guys please stop on the idle chatter. keep ideas in PMs as i said before. dont wanna be mean but it keeps this cleaner and makes it easyer to keep track of stuff! we r ready to begin. remember this is just a practise one to work out the rough parts! try anything and get creative! RPs r all creativeness! alroght the back ground story is starting put! this thread will stay open if anyone has ideas of how to improve it. alright guys lets have fun!

-Andronicus Trigoma-

btw hes wut i am!

Name: Trigoma

spieces: otter of course lol

Other: jet black fur, fav weapon is spear/javilen. spear is double ended

ok im posting the results of who is wut in a bit. im doing it on a whole new post to keep it easyer to spot! its coming shortly...
—Happy Mask Salesman

Trigoma

Results:

Trigoma:
Species: otter

Webbtail:
Species: otter

Saulyle:
Species: Mole

Diamond Orchid:
Species: Hare

Superstripe:
Occupation: Warrior (remember no god modding or i will kick u from this :)
Species: Badger

alroght thts it! if i missed anyone just PM me and i will ajust it! remember PM ME! NO POSTS IN HERE! thanks you xD

the only posts allowed in here r ideas to imporve the RP. alright! lets go! RP coming up!

-Andronicus Trigoma-
—Happy Mask Salesman

DanielofRedwall

So are we starting it when the feast is actually starting, or just before? And who is the villain mentioned?