News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

RP ideas

Started by Maudie, December 01, 2014, 07:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maudie

All right, you luckless layabouts! I hope to get some mental exertion out of you in this thread. You see, I'm going to leave again soon, and I wanted to go out with a bang. So I'm planning a RP. I've got it all set up so it can be a one-of-a-kind sort of thing, but I can't think of anything for the plot/introduction or whatever you call it. So, could you guys help me figure something out?
Also, tips on leading an RP could be useful.
Please note that this is a Redwall RP.

¡Gracias, mi amigos!
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Maudie

Bump.
Seriously? Nobody's interested?
Sorry, I guess that double post was a bit soon, but I'd like some ideas, please. Really, it's going to be different ok? I've got something exciting planned. Trust me on this.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Rainshadow

(I woulda posted in this sooner, but I had an orthodontist appointment and was getting ready to go around 11.  Sorry!)

Superheroes.  Or a crossover roleplay between Redwall and some other fandom.  Or maybe a multiple choice adventure type game with a game master who gives options for what the players can do, and then the players flesh out what they do with the option.  (I've actually been trying to plan a prison break RP in that style for several months, but school has prevented me from doing much more than forming a basic theory for it.)

Fancy any of those ideas?  If not, I can conjure up some more a bit later.  I gotta get off soon and practice, though, 'cause my recital's on Saturday and I need to work on my piece.  :P
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Izeroth

A sci-fi one. There aren't enough sci-fi rps.

Maudie

Cool, but I was kind of thinking more along the lines of a traditional Redwall RP. Sorry. Cool ideas, though. What I meant by special was...well, like a normal RP, only fast-paced, with lots of action. I was thinking like a "Finish this RP in One Week" challenge. Sorry, I've only participated in one RP, so I'm not that adventurous. I just want something quick and exciting that will be over fast but will be really fun.

Jetthebinturong

I would join either of those probably

Rain, if you enjoy jailbreak adventures, I recommend watching CoLab HQ's Ruby Quest playthrough, I wouldn't recommend the original, I tried to play it but it was so boring

I doubt that would be possible Mask, to finish an RP in one week I mean
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Izeroth

Everyone involved would have to post at least once everyday for that to work. I don't know how many people have enough free time to do that.

Maudie

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on December 01, 2014, 10:55:29 PM

I doubt that would be possible Mask, to finish an RP in one week I mean

Which is why I want to try it! But I would be willing to try one of these different ideas if I thought I could pull it off. I'm just not that great at, well, trying things I don't have a lot of knowledge about. But I will stay open to ideas.

Quote from: Izeroth on December 01, 2014, 10:58:45 PM
  Everyone involved would have to post at least once everyday for that to work. I don't know how many people have enough free time to do that.

Yeah, it would be kind of busy, I guess. But it wouldn't take long.

Conrad the Painless

I'm up for a traditional Redwall Adventure!
"Our Lord and Savior.....The Easter Badger, shall pierce the darkness with his scepter and  guide us through the night...."

Maudie

I just had the sweetest idea! So, Howabout an RP that's set in a a large waterfront city, with Redwall creatures? There would be merchants and pirates and pickpockets and stuff, and they would have a black market? Kind of like a more criminal and chaotic version of just a really busy city? And there wouldn't be technology? Sorry, I have trouble describing what I'm thinking of. Kind of an Elizabethan/Shakespearean era sort of city, only with animals and we can make it as dangerous as we want? What do y'all think?

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Izeroth on December 01, 2014, 10:48:57 PM
A sci-fi one. There aren't enough sci-fi rps.

I tried that, I got absolutely NO ONE (nvm, had 3 replies, but not really anything concrete).  ::) I'm not sure if the thread is even up anymore. (It's still up, but it's like, page 11 or something)
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Izeroth

I'd be up for that. I suggest having just one plot, though, to streamline things. Everything thecharacters do should be related in some way.

Maudie

Well, I gotta go. I relinquish any holds I had on any of these ideas. You guys can use them if you want.

Blaggut

City thing reminds me of a fantasy world I've been exploring in my mind... Won't fit with Redwall though.
~Just a soft space boi~

BlueRose

Quote from: Rainshadow on December 01, 2014, 10:45:04 PM
  (I woulda posted in this sooner, but I had an orthodontist appointment and was getting ready to go around 11.  Sorry!)

Superheroes.  Or a crossover roleplay between Redwall and some other fandom.  Or maybe a multiple choice adventure type game with a game master who gives options for what the players can do, and then the players flesh out what they do with the option.  (I've actually been trying to plan a prison break RP in that style for several months, but school has prevented me from doing much more than forming a basic theory for it.)

Fancy any of those ideas?  If not, I can conjure up some more a bit later.  I gotta get off soon and practice, though, 'cause my recital's on Saturday and I need to work on my piece.  :P

For the record, I would LOVE to do a crossover rp with Redwall and PJO or HoO.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.