I dare you... to hit paste in the replies.

Started by SilentSam, December 02, 2014, 09:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Gryphon

« Subject to editing »

Søren

I am glad someone mentioned that because I wasn't sure if you'd think I was weird for putting stock in body language. I've been boring different things that I've read etched for the best couple of weeks. Yes, she has the pupil thing. It's a well lit area, like anywhere, and either her eyes are just like that

I'm retired from the forum

Banya

I'm unsure whether or not I'm glad that what is bothering you is outside of my control.

James Gryphon

« Subject to editing »

Russa Nodrey

Freddy

Lady Ashenwyte

Name and/or title: Henri the Chivalrous.
Species: Cougar.
Native land: The Barkhills/Mossflower.
Appearance: He is tall, and has eyes that are blue and green. He wears a brigandine with his family crest on it, which is an eagle locked in battle with a winged serpent. He wears a bascinet with a metal stag on the top, a last memory of his old life.
Personality: He has a good sense of humour, and jests often. He is chivalrous, and will put his life on the line for his friends.
Weapons: A flanged mace, a heater shield, and a crossbow with bolts. He also has a conch shell horn.
History: His grandsire sailed from the Barkhills to the coast, establishing a little village near the coast. During his father's reign, his village was razed by seavermin, who slew his sire, and killed many. He was one of the few survivors of the slaughter, and escaped with his weapons. He found his brigandine in the ruins of his village which he visited once. He then travelled to Mossflower and lives as a wanderer, hoping to visit Redwall Abbey someday.
Side : Good.
Other: He believes that women cannot fight.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Søren

Luftwaffles

Let's see what's on the good old clipboard:

When the colours of morning have faded away
And you don't know where the road is leading
The edge of the sky turns from blue into grey
And there's nothing to ease the pain
When you're losing your way in the rain.

Oooh, I never cease to amaze myself ;D
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

rrrrr

rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

Søren

James Gryphon

« Subject to editing »

rrrrr

rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

James Gryphon

Quote from: WikipediaChan
Chan is a diminutive suffix; it expresses that the speaker finds a person endearing. In general, chan is used for babies, young children, grandparents and teenagers. It may also be used towards cute animals, lovers, close friends, any youthful woman, or between friends. Using chan with a superior's name is considered to be condescending and rude.

Although, traditionally, honorifics are not applied to oneself, some people adopt the childish affectation of referring to themselves in the third person using chan (childish because it suggests that one has not learned to distinguish between names used for self and names used by others). For example, a young woman named Kanako might call herself Kanako-chan rather than using a first person pronoun. However, it only applies to people who have known each other for a long time and between people of the same gender. Otherwise, using this for someone, especially adults, only known for a short period of time, can be seen as offensive. Chan can also be used to refer to a peer that is female. Example: Naomi calls her friend Kari-chan.

Quote from: sci.lang.japanChan

Chan is a form of san used to refer to children and female family members, close friends and lovers. The change from san to chan is typical of a kind of "baby talk" in Japanese where "sh" sounds are turned into "ch" sounds, such as chitchai for chiisai, "small".

Chan is also used for adults who are considered to be kawaii (cute). For example, Arnold Schwarzenegger gained the nickname Shuwa-chan.

Chan is sometimes applied to male children if the name does not fit with the kun suffix. For example, a boy called Tetsuya may be nicknamed Tetchan rather than Tekkun for reasons more to do with phonetics than anything else.

Although it is usually said that honorifics are not applied to oneself, some women refer to themselves in the third person using chan. For example, a young woman named Maki might call herself Maki-chan rather than using a first person pronoun like watashi. Chan is also used for pets and animals, such as usagi-chan.
« Subject to editing »