News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

I dare you... to hit paste in the replies.

Started by SilentSam, December 02, 2014, 09:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banya

Making my hypothetical heart skip a beat.

Søren

I'm retired from the forum

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Groddil

Project 64 controls:

Start - Enter
A - X
B - C
L - Q
R - E
Z - SPACE

James Gryphon

And if you do rack up huge debts, at least don't ask your parents to co-sign it.
« Subject to editing »

Cornflower MM

James Gryphon

« Subject to editing »

Banya

[Today at 07:26:24] Banya: light your clothes on fire and run away

[Today at 07:26:29] Søren: Tell her it's not her business.

[Today at 07:26:35] BlueRose: But, LA, you do realize that's totally a girl thing to do? I used to get my friends to ask my crushes who their crushes were.

[Today at 07:26:37] Lord Ashenwyte: OH LROD

Cornflower MM

Groddil

Many poets choose to highlight the issues of their day through their work; Edwin Brock is no exception. His poem, "Five Ways to Kill A Man" explores the fascination mankind has with the destruction and death of his own species. The poem (Text, writing, piece) explores a brief history for assessment of "murder" from the time of the Crucifixion of Jesus Christ to the way in which we, citizens of the 20th (or 21th) century, seem intent on our own destruction.

Groddil

*DP*

There are five types of hazards:
•   Biological (bacteria, viruses, mould, mildew, spillages of blood or body fluids and waste, needle stick injury, contaminated sharps, dressings and waste, fumes and insects)
•   Chemical (acids or poisons and those that could lead to fire or explosion, cleaning agents, materials and fumes, scheduled drugs and poisons)
•   Mechanical and/or electrical (electricity and equipment, plant and machinery)
•   Physical (floors, stairs, work platforms, steps, ladders, fire, falling objects, slippery surfaces, manual handling, excessively loud and prolonged noise, vibration, radiation, poor lighting, ventilation, hold-ups, threatening customers or patients)
•   Psychological (workplace stressors arising from sources such as workplace bullying, conflict and poor time management)

TYPES OF HAZARDS IN THE WORKPLACE

Area   Hazard
Surfaces   Wet floor
Electrical   Frayed electrical cords, incorrectly wired equipment, poorly maintained equipment
Knives   Poorly trained staff
Chemicals   Incorrectly labelled or stored, lack of MSDS or appropriate PE
Training   Insufficient induction or on-the-job training
Clothing   Slippery soles on shoes
Work practices   Shift work may lead to fatigue-related hazards
Manual handling   Medical staff lifting patients
Imaging equipment in a medical centre   Risk of exposure to chemicals and radiation

ACTIVITY 4   Answer the following questions. 

1.   List five potential physical hazards that can exist in an office environment

2.   List three potential chemical hazards that can exist in an office environment

3.   List two potential psychological hazards that can exist in an office environment

Søren

I'm retired from the forum

James Gryphon

(If you're considered the "most isolated", you're normally in trouble.)
« Subject to editing »

Izeroth

Granted. At first, you use your newfound ability rather innocently-- a shopping cart here, a chair there. Incrementally, however, you begin to realize just how much power you actually possess. One day, a customer standing in front of you at Starbucks "accidentally" happens to stumble out of line; on another occasion, a rival student mysteriously loses his pencil in the middle of a test. As your hunger for power grows, your abilities increase by a hundredfold. Traffic jams cease to become an issue; cars impudent enough to slow you down are cast aside like unloved toys. Any person who dares to challenge your authority is swiftly and permanently dealt with. No obstacle is insurmountable; ships, planes and buildings are torn apart in the chaos you cause.

Groddil

Anti-Ashenwyte, Anti-DDB, Anti-Anyone-who-isn't-part-of-the-horde poison-powder