News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Weird Post-Apoclaypse Demon vs Angel Novel Video Game Thingie.

Started by Blaggut, December 14, 2014, 06:46:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blaggut

So I was taking a leisurely stroll around my mind and came across this. What if demons took over the world and sent humanity into ruins? The basic thing is... Let me do what would be on the back/opening of the novel/game/movie/show thing.

Long ago, the angels and demons came down from above and seeded their thoughts in us. This split into many religions, all of them grossly innacurate too the truth. They said the gods could not die. They said the angels were invincible. They said the demons were cowardly and weak. People used this new "Religion" too control people. Lynchings happened. Women and children were stoned. But far away, a war raged. The demons and angels fought endlessly. The angels won endlessly. The future for humanity looked good for the time being, other then pollution, war, poverty, and extreme ignorance. We were babies in the face of this war. Perhaps, so were the ones fighting it. One day, a demon prince and his army made it too a rift. The angels bravely guarded it, and the battle grew. Over one day, the whole of the Forces were battling. But the angels were overwhelmed. Many died before being forced too scatter, much contradicting the views of Religion that they were fearless. But how could we blame them? They were destined too die. They were weakened. God, as so many of different faiths know him, was slain. By a mere Daemonling. The demons flooded into the world, and the battle that had been going on above San Fransisco ended. Of course, all that remainds of that is some newscaster's info that was wirelessly transmitted too some servers. The whole city was destroyed in seconds. And with the gathering aid of Cultisits they took the world, and sites it.
~Just a soft space boi~

Blaggut

Ran put of room.

They took the world and smited it. The remnants of the angel army and their priests fought at first. Now they hide when and where they can, the gathering army of Satan forcing them from place too place. The survivors just try too survive in a ruined world, bleak, and with no goverment nor hope for one. They are either starving, squabbling, daemon hunting, or dieing in the street clutching their wounded body parts. But the angel force has been built big enough. And soon, a rebellion will form. A fight too retake earth. A fight against the daemons and a fight too survive, united by two things. The goal too triumph evil, and the biting hunger in their stomachs.
~Just a soft space boi~

Conrad the Painless

"Our Lord and Savior.....The Easter Badger, shall pierce the darkness with his scepter and  guide us through the night...."

Blaggut

~Just a soft space boi~

Jukka the Sling

Hold on a second. Lynchings didn't happen because of religion - if anything, it was atheist ideology that caused racism in the first place.

That's all I'm going to say.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Rusvul

*Sigh* One, this is clearly fiction. Two, citation needed. Three, the sentence 'People used this new "Religion" too control people. Lynchings happened. Women and children were stoned.' is true. Some people use and have used religion is used to control people. People have been killed because they wouldn't convert, or even just because they happened to live in the path of a crusade. Four, I think it is unnecessary to be offended at a single sentence of a story that casts your religion's holy entities as the valiant heroes.

Jukka the Sling

I'm quite aware that this is fiction, but it seems to be about the real world, with a supernatural angel-demon explanation for events. If we're talking about lynchings of African-Americans here, that was not caused by Christianity, nor by any religion.

I don't want to get into a drawn-out argument here, so I'll leave it at that. (And I haven't forgotten about our PM discussion of that... other topic. I'll get back to you on it soon.)
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien