Marvel (Comics, Movies, TV Shows)

Started by Søren, December 19, 2014, 03:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Eulaliaaa!

Cool.

I've heard really bad things about this new one.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Gonff the Mousethief

Marvel didn't make it, Fox did. They bought the rights seven years back and made two mediocre F4 movies. They would lose the rights for the franchise of they didn't use it, so they threw together a movie. I haven't seen it but would like to just to see if it is like people say it is.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Eulaliaaa!

And I'm paying money to go see it?  ;D
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

The Mask

It wasn't worth the money I paid. Seriously, don't waste your time. It's not even remotely good.
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Eulaliaaa!

I'm too curious not to go. Maybe it'll be funny how bad it is.

Banya

I saw Fantastic 4 last week.  I didn't particularly want to, but I had a friend who was adamant about seeing it.  So that happened.

Rise of the Silver Surfer came out during my middle school years, and I remember sitting through the irritating bantering (half of the jokes going right over my preteen head) and disappointing action sequences.  My hopes for this film weren't high.

My brief thoughts on the recent film

The latest Reed Richards is about the most gormless character ever created.  I could neither sympathize nor empathize with him, but he didn't inspire enough emotion in me for me to hate him, either.

10/10 on the anti-climatic scale.  After the fight against Victor von Doom, I was left waiting for the epic superhero battle.  Then I realized... that had been it.
I might try to figure out what happened (because I don't really know how that 5-minute fight scene sans character communication ended with the disappearance of von Doom), but I don't care enough to try.  It's pretty bad when a theatre-goer is sitting in the audience thinking: "I will never watch this film again."

If the final scene felt as though it had been intended to be iconic. 
It was not.
[close]

And then I look at IMDb and see that the film has a 3.9 rating, making this the lowest rated film I've ever seen.

The best part of seeing this film was the experience.  The film was in English, but I picked up on some more Turkish vocabulary by following the subtitles.  There is also a 10-minute intermission during films in Turkey, and if one thinks that the placement of this intermission would be timed with the sequence of the film or planned in any way, one would be wrong.  Picture a semi-climactic moment, music in the background, characters walking slowly, triumphantly toward the camera, a character delivering a line that is either going to be motivational or comedic -- and the screen goes black and cuts to a chewing gum commercial.  This is what happened.  After 10 minutes, the commercials cut out, and the film picks up right where it left off.  The Turkish theatre-goers sit in the dark wondering why the English-speakers in the center aisle are laughing uproariously.[/font]

Hickory

Quote from: The Skarzs on May 06, 2015, 04:21:46 PM
Wait, Big Hero 6 is Marvel?
There are so many MARVEL references/ripoffs in that movie you don't begin to understand them.

Jetthebinturong

That's because BH6 was a MARVEL comic.  ::)
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Hickory

Consider yourself sinned. (not the religous sinned. The other one.)

The Skarzs

Finally saw Age of Ultron. . .
Spoiler
Ultron's personality was hilarious; at first I was pretty sure Robert Downey Jr. played his voice (which would have been interesting), and all his little quips really made him interesting.
"Oh for gosh sake!"
*Hulk throws him out of the jet.*

There were a lot of other memorable quotes in that movie.

*Iron Man is punching Hulk.* Gotosleepgotosleepgotosleepgotosleep. . .

"If you set the hammer down in an elevator. . ."
"-The elevator will lift it up!"
"But the elevator isn't worthy."

Vision: "It's terribly unbalanced."
Thor: "Well, yes; otherwise you lose momentum on the swing."

I like how Vision was portrayed and made, but it seemed a bit like they were trying to put in a lot more characters at one time than anything before.
Also, Ultron had used adamantium, not vibranium, as a body armor before, but I think they did that to hint at the Black Panther movie they have planned.
[close]
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Hickory

Spoiler
Yeah, I gotta agree with you on that. But, creative license. :/
[close]

Jetthebinturong

MARVEL Studios doesn't have the rights to use adamantium, because it's part of the X-Men universe.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong