"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Marvel (Comics, Movies, TV Shows)

Started by Søren, December 19, 2014, 03:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Søren

Quote from: Eulaliaaa! on June 05, 2015, 02:53:37 AM
Spoiler
Well, yeah, but I don't see how that changes things...
[close]
Spoiler
What Sage is saying is that Quicksilver removed all the bullets from the gun, then placed them into a row on the table. The one that was spinning was just because it was the last removed bullet to be set down.
[close]

I'm retired from the forum

Eulaliaaa!

Spoiler
I DON'T GET IT!
@Jet: why would he intend to die? And yes he was running in front of Hawkeye to block the bullets, but he's so fast couldn't he just move them around so they would miss both him and Hawkeye?

@Sage: so they went through him and into the car that was also shielding Hawkeye? Then why did Quicksilver jump in the way? Wouldn't the car alone have saved Hawkeye?

@Soren: Then why did the guy try to shoot the gun if it was empty? Or did Quicksilver remove the bullets as he was shooting?
[close]
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: Eulaliaaa! on June 06, 2015, 12:08:06 AM
Spoiler
I DON'T GET IT!
@Jet: why would he intend to die? And yes he was running in front of Hawkeye to block the bullets, but he's so fast couldn't he just move them around so they would miss both him and Hawkeye?

@Sage: so they went through him and into the car that was also shielding Hawkeye? Then why did Quicksilver jump in the way? Wouldn't the car alone have saved Hawkeye?

@Soren: Then why did the guy try to shoot the gun if it was empty? Or did Quicksilver remove the bullets as he was shooting?
[close]

Spoiler
No he couldn't. There are limits to his abilities. No one could move all of the bullets being fired from a minigun.
[close]
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Søren

Eulaliaaa!

Spoiler
Have you seen X-men days of future past? In that, Quicksilver was able to run around a room, poke someone in the face, and then move all the bullets being fired so that they didn't hit anyone. I know, different movie, but they're both Quicksilver, so shouldn't their abilities be the same?
[close]
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Banya

I've been following this exchange with interest, and Eul has made many good points.  It'd do me a lot of good to watch the film again, paying particular attention to the scenes mentioned; I'm sure I'd get a lot more out of it than the initial watch.

Eulaliaaa!

Why thank you  ;D I'm just trying to figure things out.

Søren

I've no idea anymore. I never say any XMen, so maybe that's why. :P

Eulaliaaa!

Me neither, but one last thing:

Spoiler
maybe he was just aiming to save Hawkeye and didn't have time to think about moving bullets OR EVEN moving Hawkeye and the kid out of the way! He definitely could've outrun the bullets, I know that. So he was probably just not thinking. I'm going to blame Hulk for throwing Ultron to a place where he could find a jet (seriously, where'd he get it?) And being late to throw Ultron out of the jet. Darn it Hulk, it's your fault! But if Quicksilver hadn't died, we wouldn't have been able to see Scarlet Witch rip Ultron's heart out.  :P
[close]

Jetthebinturong

Spoiler
I'm pretty sure they just wanted to kill Quicksilver off as quickly as possible because of his prominent role in the X-Men films.
[close]
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Eulaliaaa!

Mhera

Hickory

Really? I heard it got bad reviews...
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

The Skarzs

I haven't heard anything about it yet. :P Thought it just came out today.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Eulaliaaa!

It did. I really want to see it, maybe tomorrow.