Mistmantle Chronicles, Warriors, & other animal-themed books

Started by Hickory, December 29, 2014, 05:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like...

Mistmantle chronicles
Warriors
Both

Hickory

For those who read Mistmantle Chronicles or the Warriors series. feel free to talk about those and other animal based books, like Watership Down.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

The Mask

I've read the Warriors series. Never read the other two. Also, you may want to change the title if we're meant to talk about all sorts of animal books.
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Lady Amber

I've read the first Mistmantle book, and started the second. I've also heard of the Warriors books but never read them.

Jukka the Sling

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Maudie

I read the first Mistmantle Chronicles book, but didn't like it enough to read the other books. Warriors is pretty good. Kind of addicting. I'm currently reading the first book in The Guardians of Ga'Hoole, which is pretty good. It's about owls, mostly.

"Reading and writing make up most of my life."
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Hickory

Warriors got knd of boring for me, to much dark conflict. But i read a healthy amount!

Dawnwing

Never heard of or read Mistmantle Chronicles.
Warriors, I'm quite active in its fandom.  My username was originally my Warriors name that I began using elsewhere too.

I'm going to reread the first two Wolf Chronicles books, Promise of the Wolves and Secrets of the Wolves, since book 3 just came out.  I've been looking forward to it for a few years, and had been afraid that it wouldn't come, since the author went inactive on her website for, like, over a year.

Other good animal books I can think of at the moment:
- Watership Down by Richard Adams
- Tailchaser's Song by Tad Williams
-  Fire-Bringer by David Clement-Davies
- The Sight by David Clement-Davies (and its sequel, Fell)
- The Named (aka the Ratha series) by Clare Bell

Lady Ashenwyte

Another awesome book series is The Animals of Farthing Wood, I have not read it, but I have watched all the three seasons of it and, oh god, is it dark. There are plenty of gruesome deaths (Impaling on rose thorns, getting run over, and being strangled by rats.) and I love it for that.  :D
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Hickory

Ha. In mistmantle Chrommicles, the island is like redwall, except no one can ever leave and come back again! But Urchin can, he's a special squirrel.

Eulaliaaa!

I loved the Mistmantle Chronicles! When I was younger, I wrote to the author (I think her name's Margret Mcallister) and told her how good the books were. She actually wrote back to me!  ;D
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

SilentSam

;D~~~~Silent~~~~Sam~~~~Squirrel~~~ ;D
HEHE!

I AM SAM ;D
Cicha sam jest najlepszym redwall znaków!

Blaggut

I am the biggest fan of Farthing Wood! I have watched all 3 seasons, read fanfiction, and gotten so,e of the figurines which one day I shall have all of! *evil laugh*

The series characters are so great. Until your favorite ones die... A lot...

There's this book series called Redwall but you'll probably haven't heard of it.
~Just a soft space boi~

Hickory

Starla1431

I like Warriors. I only read one book of Mistmantle. It was good though I little bland at times.

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on January 28, 2015, 11:22:16 PM
HE HE HE... Farthing wood. Never hear of it.

What's so funny? All your favourite characters dying horribly?  :'(
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.