Random Rants

Started by Maudie, January 13, 2015, 06:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Gryphon

« Subject to editing »

Søren

Quote from: Mask on January 15, 2015, 12:08:50 AM
???
I am confused. About whether or not that was a joke.
I'd thought I'd toned down the spazz lately.
:P
I wasn't ranting about you, I was ranting about IRL stuff.

I'm retired from the forum

Maudie

Quote from: James Gryphon on January 15, 2015, 12:19:36 AM
Those are fighting words. I challenge you to a duel to the deaf, tomorrow, at high noon.
Great.

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on January 15, 2015, 12:59:32 AM
Quote from: Mask on January 15, 2015, 12:08:50 AM
???
I am confused. About whether or not that was a joke.
I'd thought I'd toned down the spazz lately.
:P
I wasn't ranting about you, I was ranting about IRL stuff.
Well, it could have been about the real life me. Sounds like something the real life me would do. :P
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Izeroth

Most of my rants will undoubtably be about nature or wildlife. To start off: I don't understand why Brazil is so bent on developing the Amazon. The Amazon soil is awful for farming, meaning that to maintain productive farmland, you would have to make new farms every couple years. That's obviously not sustainable or smart. On top of that, the Amazon actually regulates Brazil's climate. Brazil recently suffered its worst drought in many years, and many scientists have speculated that it's because of deforestation. The Amazon rainforest is so huge that it actually adds moisture to the atmosphere, creating clouds. When large blocks of forest are cleared, however, this can mess up the whole cycle, thus causing drought. I understand that Brazil is a developing country, and needs land to farm and build on, but can't they farm and build somewhere else?

Skyblade

I'm actually writing an article-type thing on that (en español :P) for an assignment. We're going over environmental issues, and the world needs people like you Izeroth who notice we need to take action and do something about it. Anything they can do.

On a less grave note, I don't like when threads get off topic. This usually happens in The Cellars, where posts can be as weird and random and ridiculous as law permits, where off-topic posts are allowed, but it still bothers me! :P If the title of he thread says one thing, it should mainly be about that one thing. Here's a list of threads that irked me for getting off topic:
- Secret Forum Crush? (a given)
- Awkward (starting to get more weird than awkward)
- Whats your real name? (this thread has been off topic for, like, 2 pages and it BOTHERS ME, OKAY??? We're supposed to be talking about names, not fudge -____-)

As usual, I mean no offense ;)

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Søren

I know right?!?!? It's like, come on people. Can we devote at least on post per page to the topic?

I'm retired from the forum

Rusvul

Conversations in real life usually don't stay on the same topic for more than five minutes unless the topic is very detailed. It is unrealistic to think that online conversation would be different. And besides, threads almost always get back on topic in less than a page or two. No harm done, excepting threads where it's entirely inappropriate to go off-topic.

Skyblade

That's true, and I know it's realistic for topics to go off-topic. Honestly, what happens on these forums is mainly up to us.

Hope nobody will take my post offensively. Just want to enjoy myself without causing an argument ;D

Hickory

WHY DID PLUGG FIRETAIL DIE THAT WAY IN TRISS?!?! HE WAS JUST TRYING TO KEEP HIMSELF ALIVE!!
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Lady Ashenwyte

Why do I have to be ill?
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Mhera

skyblade has noooo idea how to rant! she sounds too nice and reasonable! why can't skyblade rant right!

The Skarzs

IKR?! She sucks at ranting! I rant better than her because I hate ranting so I rant about ranting!! ( ;) )
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Tiria_Wildlough

Skyblade

Lol you guys, I rant with style ;D

Maudie

Gah! No! I had a book on hold at the library. I waited FOREVER!! Turns out, it came in, but my brother never told me because he didn't think it was "worth reading" and now the hold is expired!!

ITS THE LAST STRAW!!!

My brother is so dead. Sooooooo dead.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3