News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Thinking about a Redwall 'board' game

Started by James Gryphon, January 17, 2015, 04:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Gryphon

For the forums, mind you. It would be a light strategy game, with the players commanding vermin hordes. Y'all could fight 'and stuff'. The goal of the game would be to conquer Salamandastron.

If I made this, would any of you play it?
« Subject to editing »

Jetthebinturong

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Søren

I'm retired from the forum

LT Sandpaw

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Morgazath

"The power of darkness is mine. At last I am free to reign destruction as I please. This world will be consumed, and you will be crushed. I am Mozaru, Lord of Night and Shadow." -Excerpt from The Chronicles of Light and Darkness. (A book I'm writing.)

Rusvul

Yay. A game in which I can tryhard for six days straight and then beat everyone else into the ground with my massive army of death. Should be fun.

Kitsune

Wylder Treejumper

Hmm... Try Mice and Mystics. Not Redwall, exactly, but entertaining and with a similar flavor.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Lady Ashenwyte

I would do it, but I like ol' Salamandy. :(
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Skyblade

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Izeroth

This would be quite cool. A few suggestions:

Everywarlordhasadifferentcolor.
•Defeat and/or assimilate small npc tribes of vermin.
•Various different unit types. Spearbeasts are less powerful than swordsbeasts, and make up most of your army. Swordsbeasts make up a small amount of your army, but are useful for their strenth. Bowbeasts are a little more common than swordsbeasts. They can shoot at units from a distance, though they often miss.

Faiyloe

I might be interested. It depends on how it turns out. I will be keeping my eye on this though.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Izeroth on January 18, 2015, 03:43:22 AM
This would be quite cool. A few suggestions:

Everywarlordhasadifferentcolor.
•Defeat and/or assimilate small npc tribes of vermin.
•Various different unit types. Spearbeasts are less powerful than swordsbeasts, and make up most of your army. Swordsbeasts make up a small amount of your army, but are useful for their strenth. Bowbeasts are a little more common than swordsbeasts. They can shoot at units from a distance, though they often miss.

Naw, slingers and javelineers are the way to go. Also, elite vermin body guard?
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Delthion

Javelins were only used by the otters so having them placed in a vermin horde wouldn't really make sense.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.