News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The Academic Thread

Started by Skyblade, January 21, 2015, 02:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What year do you graduate from high school?

Already graduated
6 (20.7%)
2015 (this year)
0 (0%)
2016 (next year)
4 (13.8%)
2017 (etc.)
3 (10.3%)
3 (10.3%)
3 (10.3%)
4 (13.8%)
After 2020
6 (20.7%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Skyblade

Mine is also eight.

Gonff, there are many young, active members in the forums :) For examples, The Mask, Corny, Russa... and probably more.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Banya

Hmm.  My high school had 5 periods to each day.  Each period lasted 75 minutes.

While at community college I took anywhere from 5 to 7 classes each semester.  Some of them were 1-credit music courses, but most classes were uncomplicated, so it was possible to take more of them.  The most credits I ever took at once was 19, and while it went well, I know to never do that again.

Now, at a much more rigorous university, I take only 4 classes each semester (and next spring I'm treating myself with only 3 classes and 13 credit hours).  The number of credits I usually take varies from 15-17 per semester.  It's enough to keep me busy.  Add in all of the meetings I attend, panels, discussions, and lectures from visitors, and time for studying, and it's a full schedule.

Quote from: Skyblade on June 06, 2015, 01:20:13 AM
Still undecided (but thankfully more clear than I was before), I took a free online majors test and got this for my top five choices. Frankly, I'm surprised. I will admit, however that these results are rather pleasant - and terrifying at the same time :o I'm not sure how accurate this test is, but it seemed pretty good. It's a guideline, anyway.

1. Music (I thought I would get this, but as my first choice??)
2. Music Education (Whaaat? Ok)
3. Journalism (Yes! It's one of my serious options)
4. Biochemistry (I've considered this before)
5. Religious Studies (Because of my faith, I think)

I see you going the journalism route.  Another career option that you have always made me think of is music therapy.

Skyblade

Hmm, I like to help people, and I would really like to use music to do so! But I am not sure. Thank you for the feedback!

Luftwaffles

I know from experience that "Religious Studies" is a good career for you, Skyie. But I can definitely see you doing journalism as well :)
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Skyblade

(timidly) ...thank you... :)

Wylder Treejumper

I have 400 pages of course descriptions to go through, courtesy of the two colleges in the town I'm moving to. Of course, most courses I won't even consider, seeing as I can't for example be a part of the nursing program, but I still have to hack out a schedule. You see, there are perks to having your father be a college instructor. Like free access to the entire state's secondary public education system until I'm 24 (or married).
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Banya

So, until you're 24.

But that's really cool, Wylder.  Good luck with all of it.

Wylder Treejumper

::)

I'm Mormon. Of course I'll get married. Pretty easy to do that. All it takes are these few simple steps:

1. Go to BYU (Or BYU-I. Also known as "BYU I Do")
2. Mention you are a return missionary
3. Wait while all the girls fall over you
4. Find the right one
5. BOOM. One temple trip and this eternal marriage is history

Here. This video ought to be instructive. ;D

Of course, all you non-Mormons won't find it as funny as I do, but... Oh well.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Mhera

Pardon me, I need to go die laughing...

Banya

Sure, Wylder.  Step 3 is easy enough for guys or girls.  It's Step 4 that's decidedly less so.

Skyblade

O.o

I'm surprised about the number of people who voted for "Already graduated". Most of the people here are rather young.

Wylder Treejumper

Pardoned. Who doesn't like Mormon comedy? (One of our more redeeming features, see...)

-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Wylder Treejumper

Double post... :P
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Banya

^That was Scott Sterling!  The man, the myth, the legend!

In other news, it feels strange to tell others that I'm a rising senior.  It doesn't feel like much time has passed since I was a high school senior.

Skyblade

It must be very exciting for you, Banya :)