News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Unnatural ~ a magic RP (OOC and sign up topic)

Started by Faiyloe, January 25, 2015, 08:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faiyloe

Nothing really at the moment If it is ok with Skarzs you could have him be on the border patrol and meet up with his character, or you could be in Sylest after the patrol up the east coast.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

The Skarzs

It's fine with me if that's what he wants to do. Otherwise I'll just be making an NPC that might pop up ever so often.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

Do you have any specific way you want this encounter to go?

The Skarzs

I want the soldiers to be suspicious of Haenrok because he is a foreigner and he is the right age for magic to start showing in creatures. He says something rather blunt and they take offense, spurring a bit of an attack.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Lady Ashenwyte

Guys, I won't be able to post that much because I feel too lazy for that.  :-[ I'll be posting soon though.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Faiyloe

That is ok. Just make sure that when you are involved in some fast action to make the time for a post even if it is just a short one to keep things from cramping up or leaving you behind.

Also in regards to Noonvale, At this point in time it is just a legend, no one knows where it is or if it even still exists but the old stories said that it was in the forest. Many people believe that if it could just be found it would be a safe haven for magic users.

You can still keep what you said, In fact it would help the RP along in the Right direction if you did. I would like at some point for them to try and find Noonvale. I have something in mind.  ;D ;)

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Faiyloe on February 05, 2015, 01:11:00 AM
Alright I finally got the first post up.  ;D The RP has begun.

Oh and Corn we already have a water magic user I would prefer that each of the players have a different form of magic. that doesn't mean you can't reference NPC with magic repeats.

I encourage 3D NPC especial when it comes to family or friends (3D meaning detail and believable characters). no sheet is necessary so long as you give a brief description of who they are when you first run in to them in the RP. These characters are minor and will not play a vital roll in the RP, their main purpose is to support the main character (your main character) and will often disappear soon after they are introduced.   ;) remember this is not necessary it just adds more dimension to the world where are playing in.  ;D

Okay, sure. :) Sorry  I haven't been able to get on, and I will do my utmost to get my sheet done today. Also, is the History optional?

Faiyloe

No but it can be very basic. Where they live/lived who their family is, What class they are in. 

I am also working on a map of Trecor to help us in the RP.

Cornflower MM

Thanks, Faiy! Okay, one last question, if you don't mind. Does the magic have to be one of the ones you specified, or could it be something else, like healing?

Wylder Treejumper

Awesome! I'll take two, please...

Name: Cordan Freewater
Species: Otter
Affiliation: Wavering
Magic?: N/A
Appearance: Cordan is a well-built otter with tan fur with a white patch over his right eye. He has sea-green eyes. When not in a Guardsman's uniform, he usually wears a light blue tunic belted in brown with a grey cloak. He carries a dirk and a rapier in scabbards and a well-worn sling on his belt. When in uniform, he wears the Guardsman's tabard over a steel breastplate, a blued steel helmet and a thick purple cape in his position as Squad Captain.
Personality: Cordan is a courageous but deep-thinking otter- his prospects were equally good to be either a scholar or a warrior. He is not very social, but very loyal to his friends- once he gains them. He is compassionate and concerned, but withdrawn.
History: Cordan is a streamdog from the southern reaches of Trecor. He was studious in following his choice career: Imperial Guardsman of Trecor. He became skilled in swordplay, and once he was grown, traveled to Sylest to enlist. He managed to gain an appointment as a junior commissioned officer only after an official mistook a sheet of recommendation for a bribe. Since he was appointed Squad Captain, he has become disgusted with the corruption and extortion within the ranks of the Guards. He has heard tell of arrests of youngbeasts for "magic", and is beginning to doubt the establishment. He doubts the magic's existence, suspecting the government of an ulterior motive. Regardless, he came hear to protect the citizens of Trecor, not persecute them- magic or no.
Other: He is a descendant of Keyla Freewater, one of the leaders of the liberators of Marshank. His sling was given to Cordan when Cordan was a pup.

Name: Brenn
Species: Squirrel
Affiliation: Magic
Magic?: Air
Appearance: Brenn is slight, with pale silvery fur and laughing blue eyes. He wears a simple tan tunic with a hood and a rope belt. He carries a bow and arrows and a long, slim dagger, which he is expert at throwing.
Personality: Fun loving and carefree, Brenn is simply loving life. He's not particularly social, but he can strike up a conversation with anyone. He won't leave anyone in a pinch, as he is a kind person, but he will rag them mercilessly for it afterward- all in good fun, of course!
History: Wanderer and outcast for longer than he can remember, Brenn is free and unattached and that is the way he likes it. He has an uncanny talent for getting into and out of scrapes, and has been in sticky situations too many times to count. He's wandered over to Sylest in the course of his adventures simply because life took him that way.
Other: He doesn't know he has magic, he can't imagine his abilities as being anything but good luck and squirrel skill. He would be delighted to find out, though. Just think of what he could do...
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Kitsune

If there is still room, I would love to join.

Name: Arden
Species: Fox
Affiliation: Magic users
Magic: Plant manipulation (Can grow any kind of plant at will and can take plant-like forms)
Appearance: Brown fur with white markings and green eyes. Slightly taller than normal. Has a slim sword with an emerald on its pommel.
Personality: Kind and caring, quiet. Likes to dance and sing, but usually when by himself.
History: Lives in Sylest with both of his parents. His father is a carpenter and his mother works in a floral shop. No one (not even him) knows about his abilities yet. His father wants him to eventually be one of the palace guards, and bought Arden a sword for when he was one. Arden has become a familiar face around the barracks.
Other: Arden has a small golden harp that he saved up for himself. He likes to play it and deep down he wishes he could become a bard, but his shyness prevents him from playing in public. He also does not want to dishonor his father's wishes.

Faiyloe

@ Cornflower: The ones listed where just examples, I actually encourage you to come up with your own, however Healing is to abstract. This magic is more focused on creating things and cannot manipulate already existing objects aside from ones self (In the case of Skarzses character turning to stone and Plugs character.) The things created however can effect the environment the way that they would if they where naturally created.

@ Wylder: Air is already used however seeing that you did such a good job in matching your personality to the magic and the fact that there are not many options left I will make an exception. Both of your characters are accepted.

@ Plugg: Accepted. ;D

Cornflower MM

Okay, thanks Faiy! Can I PM you about a list of possible magics? There aren't many left. . . . .  :P

Faiyloe

Dannflower Reguba

Just hurry up, the party started already.  :P
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This