News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Unnatural ~ a magic RP (OOC and sign up topic)

Started by Faiyloe, January 25, 2015, 08:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faiyloe

I added a map to the first post along with some more places.  ;D ;) I will add to the map as things come up and we learn/I come up with more places. 
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Izeroth

A suggestion for another location: the moor. A moor would be a sufficiently creepy and/or forbidding destination, I think, for what I had in mind.

Faiyloe

If you want creepy and forbidding then there is the swamp above the hill country  ;D.  I haven't hatched it in yet but I will get to it soon enough.

The Skarzs

Will there be a short time-skip? I foresee most of the groups traveling their own way or another pretty soon, and two of the characters are unconscious and about to be brought to Sylest (or wherever they are supposed to be taken).
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

I'll Let Izeroth rap up his encounter with Aron or whoever that was... XP Can't keep all the names strait. Any way I'll make a short time jump when the time comes.

Wylder Treejumper

Just to let you know, you put Brenn down as Plugg's character.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Faiyloe

Sorry XP It can get confusing sometimes.  :P I fixed it.

Jetthebinturong

Name: Scath
Species: Kellas cat
Affiliation: Magic user
Magic?: Shadow
Appearance: Google doesn't have a single picture of a live kellas cat but they're crossbreeds of wildcats and cats from Scotland. They have shaggy black fur, almost invariably yellow eyes and slightly large fangs. Scath is thin but his fur makes him seem more bulky than he is. He has a little muscle but not much. He wears a hooded grey tunic and has leather bracers dyed grey. He has a short sword.
Personality: Scath is generally very abrasive and rude. He is easy to anger and quick to resort to violence. He does, however, care for those that are close to him and would do anything to protect them. He is very intelligent and good at thinking on his feet
History: Scath lived a fairly average life until one day he came home to find his parents murdered by bandits and his younger siblings about to go the same way, he let out a scream of rage and passed out. When he came to, everyone in the room was dead including his siblings, he had hazy memories of black spikes and tendrils coming off himself. Realising it was his fault, he left that day and tried to shake off all of his friends lest the same thing happen to them, one however was particularly difficult to shake...
Other:

Name: Adal
Species: Pantanal cat
Affiliation: Magic users
Magic?: N/A
Appearance: . Adal is tall and lithe yet well muscled. He wears a dark blue tunic and wields a pair of matched blades that look like Zuko's from Avatar: The Last Airbender (the show, not the abominable movie).
Personality: Adal is quite friendly with those he trusts but he is not very trusting. He maintains an amiable personality but not so much as to encourage people to form connections. He is quite serious but likes a little bit of silliness now and again.
History: Adal was Scath's friend before he left home. Adal refused to abandon his friend and was an orphan anyway so he din't have any qualms about leaving anyone behind, he went with Scath and never looked back. In time, he came to learn of Scath's magic and the reason for his departure but he refused to be scared off. The two are now travelers living in a stolen tent.
Other:
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Faiyloe

Dannflower Reguba

You said that if we had two full-blown characters, they couldn't be related in any way. I'm confused.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Jetthebinturong

They're not related, Scath and Adal share no family

Dannflower Reguba

Not what I meant, they weren't supposed to be tied together, as in any relationship what so ever. That was my understanding of the rule from the start, I'm not exactly sure how else it would work.

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Jetthebinturong

I just went back to check the rules and that isn't there

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: FaiyloeI would say two completely independent character, (Two character who know nothing abut each other, are not related in any way and have never met)

She went on to state an exception that I believe your secondary would qualify as, I didn't remember that part. I think we have another band of two anyway.

Faiyloe

:D It looks like You have resolved this own your own. What I meant by that was just that I did not want people to have more than two characters that had nothing to do with each other.

Oh and Dan I just want to say one thing. WOW!

You are amazing, that last post of yours really captivated me. I was speechless , literally (Really, I was sitting there sighing "wow" in American Sign Language over and over again). Usually when something really hits me, I will start talking out loud, but this... this was even better than that. (It is not an easy thing to do, make me speechless, In fact I could probably count the times on one hand)