News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Empire at war.

Started by Hickory, January 28, 2015, 11:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

If you play Empire: Total war, then CLEAR OUT!!!

If you want to know what it is...

Empire at War is star wars-themed, and takes place before and in the first movie, A New Hope. You control the rebellion or the Empire, and can change the story so the empire wins. It's quite fun (especially running over rebel infantry with a TIE Mauler). Anybody play?
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Lady Ashenwyte

I play Empire:Total War and have a disdain for Star Wars. I think I should leave this topic....
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Hickory

You are forbidden fromt this topic!

James Gryphon

Remember, this isn't the Cellars. Stay on subject.

I heard about it a few years back, but I also heard that it portrayed the strengths of most of the units incorrectly, makes up some things about well-known vehicles that are inconsistent with known canon, and that the official plot was totally bizarre (mainly the expansion, with its 'Zann Corporation'). RTSs aren't really my thing, anyway. Now, Star Wars: Rebellion looked interesting -- that game's pretty long in the tooth now, though.
« Subject to editing »

Hickory

Agreed. They could've introduced more interesting units (like tauntauns) and some that are viewed in the movies. To their credit, not many rebel vehicles were displayed in the films, but the same is with the Imperials. The time that Star Destroyers are unlocked is the worst possible, since the Empire traditionally has more strength then the rebels. Rebel vehicles seem to be more powerful then the empire vehicles, which makes little sense. The plot isn't the main point, and if you hate it you can also play Galactic Conquest, another setting.

Søren

I don't play it, although I am looking into it as I type.

I'm retired from the forum

Hickory