News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The League of Ordinary Gentlemen

Started by Hickory, January 30, 2015, 01:10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainshadow

Rainshadow strides regally in, wearing a gorgeous--yet modest--gown enchanted to show the branches of a snowy tree with birds silently moving about on its branches.  Her hand is resting on the crook her her butler's arm.  "Remember what we talked about, Rochil," she hisses out of the side of her mouth.  "Manners!"

"Yes, my lady," he grumbles in reply before clearing his throat and announcing loudly, "Queen Rainshadow of the Land of Rain and Shadow."

Rainshadow nods politely to the gentlemen and ladies in the room, then walks gracefully over to a leather armchair, Rochil in tow behind her.  She sits down and says quietly to her butler, "Could you please go and make me a mocha?"

Rochil bows and leaves as Rain turns to the others and says, "Greetings and salutations, my good friends.  How are you all?"
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Hickory

*nods* Very good. Card playing is now open, as is smoking (in the card room). Tea is served in the main room, should you want it. Feel free to ask me or my butler, Willworth, for any nessecities.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

The Mask

I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Rusvul

*Walks in through a wall wearing black pants and a black fleece* While you may all be ordinary, this seems extraordinarily boring. Never liked tea myself.

Hickory

*hands rus a cup of coffee* There, is that good enough for you? Should you need activity, an athletic track is outside. Please tell me other requests you may have.

Rusvul

*Mug of some kind of unidentified liquid shimmers into existence in my hand* Er, no thank you, I don't much like coffee either.

...What does one do while being a gentleman? Just sit around and drink tea?

Hickory

Cards, smoking, pool, and other reserved activities are available. Croquet is outside, and starting soon.

Rusvul

Cards? *Pulls out Magic: The Gathering deck* I have a neat blue-red counterspell deck. Anyone for Magic?

Side note, did you know that cigarettes (And I suppose some other tobacco things) are the only products that are completely legal and kill the user when used properly?

Pool and croquet. Meh. I don't suppose any of you play D&D?

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Russa Nodrey

Freddy

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Russa Nodrey

Ah yes, you are most certainly right, my good lad.
Freddy

Rainshadow

In answer to Lady Russa's question, Rain replies with a smirk, "The sky, my dear.  The sky is what's up.  To answer your meaning of the word, however, I'm simply waiting for my butler to bring me a nice hot cup of joy, also known as a mocha.  I don't know what's taking him so long..."
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Russa Nodrey

Freddy

Izeroth

*Adjusts monocle while staring in contempt* I am not so uncivilized as to use tobacco. Clearly, the smokers here have failed to understand the fundamental pillars of lung health. Anybeast who doesn't adhere to modern medicine ought to be thrown in prison!

In answer to your comment regarding "dungeons and dragons," I typically do not engage in such fantasies. If it was an exceptionally gentlemanly session, however, there is a chance I would participate.