News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

A Dibbun Adventure

Started by Hickory, February 02, 2015, 03:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should we fight varmints to get the box?

Yes.
No.

Hickory

Memm Flackery was trying to hande the unruly pack of Dibbuns entrusted to her by several Abbeybeast parents. Several were fighting with sticks, while others were trying on kitchen tools as armor. She sighed. This would be harder than she thought. Memm decided to use a Adventure, to give the dibbuns something to do. She explained, as quick as possible, so the Dibbuns wouldn't run away.

"The sword of Martin the Warrior was lost! Can you find it? Tell the Friar to lend you his dullest knives, and grab some "swords", armor, and bows! Quick to it, the Abbot doesn't want to sword missing!"

OOC: So, this is not going to be full of fighting, it's more of, well, an adventure! So we can start in the orchard, and work our way through the grounds. I'll dictate when we have a band of vermin blocking our path. Let's start!
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Since I don't know exactly where we will be starting and just about everyone isn't going to begin this RP, I figure I will begin,

BIC: The afternoon sun warmed the earth were a young squirrel played on the grounds of Redwall. Throwing a stick in the air and catching it with his feet he preformed several flips and twirls only to land on his head.

Checking around to make sure no one had seen his fall he continued swinging the tough stick like a sword. His ear twitched as he heard a mass of the other youngsters at Redwall, also known as Dibbuns flood though the main door and rush towards the Abbey Orchard.

Running quickly to catch up Cai yelled and waved his stick trying to make sense of the excitement.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory

Aaron the otter was one Dibbun in the mass that was headed to the Orchard, where Memm Flackery had said the first clue of the quest resided. He yelled to Cai, whom he had just seen. "Hi, Cai, come wiv us and we go onna quest!" Aaron waved his "weapon" and descended back into the main body.

OOC: So we head to the orchard, the first clue is there.

Søren

Skilbury made his way along with the large crowd of dibbuns. A tiny badger, he tripped and tumbled along, holding a majestic "sword". Realizing he was falling behind, he ran ahead of the group, only to fall again. He got up and sighed.
"Wii ya' wait jus' a minude?" He said as he hurried along.

I'm retired from the forum

Faiyloe

Minkel Ran along at the head of the crowd a wooden ladle in one paw and her other paw cling to the handle of her salad bowl helmet to it from bouncing off as she ran. In her hast she tripped over her smock and tumbled down the little hill landing at the  base of a tree with a bump. "Ah'm OK!" She said bouncing back up like a cricket.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Cornflower MM

Kale Merchybrush was very, very, very excited! He and a bunch of other Dibbuns were going on an adventure. Running in the middle of the pack of Dibbuns, he almost, but not quite, tripped over his knife. Then the young squirrel heard, "Wii ya' wait jus' a minude?" Kale slowed down and waited for Skilbury the badger to catch up him. "Hiya, mate!" ale said cheerfully. "Whatcha fink de clue bes?"

Søren

"I'm wisin' I knude." Replied Skilbury. He looked at the squirrel. "I 'ope it's an apple. Or a pear. Or any kind o' food. I do wove food."

I'm retired from the forum

Hickory

Aaron, located nearby, rolled his eyes and remarked, "I think it somefink else. Memm says we shoudn't eat the evidence."

Russa Nodrey

Arnim ran along with the rest of the Dibbuns, a few of them were talking about the clue, wondering what it was going to be. Personally, Arnim thought the clue would be rather ordinary, something written on parchment. He kept running.
Freddy

Wot, wot!

"Hi everybodies!" The little mousemaid Bluebell said, walking towards her friends. "Whatcha doin'?"
"Get him! Grab that spy! I want his head!"
Basil chuckled. "What's the matter? Isn't your own head good enough? No, I don't suppose it is. Ugly-looking brute, aren't you?" -Basil to Cluny the Scourge (Redwall)

"The second you change "I can't" into "why not", you can do anything in the world."

Unimaginative

"Lookin' for Matin's Sord!" Chattered Jarvey Schinickle, who had been in the initial group of Dibbuns. "Now, I tink dat tha' sord might be inna tree, b'cause nobody would look inna tree for it." he said.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

LT Sandpaw

OOC: I'm having trouble remembering so many names aaagh!

BIC: "I'll look." Cai yelled throwing aside his stick he jumped up into the leafy branches of the trees searching among the branches. Finding nothing in the first tree he attempted to jump to another one nearby, falling short he landed heavily on Minkel. Laying stunned for a second he bounced back up, shaking his head.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Russa Nodrey

"I'll help you look," said Arnim. He climbed up an apple tree and started to search its many branches for anything unusual.
Freddy

Skyblade

Shooting Star, a Falcon chick, had been trying out the Friar's cooking tools as armor with the other dibbuns. To her disappointment, they were rather heavy and weighed her down. How will I be a master flyer wi' all this stuff on me?

Suddenly, she jerked up her tiny, brown-and-white feathered head at the sound of Memm Flackery's call:
The sword of Martin the Warrior was lost! Can you find it? Tell the Friar to lend you his dullest knives, and grab some "swords", armor, and bows! Quick to it, the Abbot doesn't want to sword missing!

The pot she had been wearing on her head like an armor hat fell off the ground and rolled to the side as Star (as she was nicknamed) flew up to Memm eagerly. "Is that so? How exciting! Where? Where was it lost? Now, wait..." She cocked her head to one side, suddenly looking skeptic and wondering. "Why you ask us to look for it? Usually it's the big beasts, the big warriors! They do all da important things."

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Lady Ashenwyte

Augustus scowled and said "Da big beasts be bezy!" at the falcon. He marched to the other dibbuns and waved his bow around. "Come on, get wid yer! We hafta find Marin's Sord!" Puffing up his chest like a Long Patrol recruit.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.