News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

What are your favorite Bible verses?

Started by Icefire, August 29, 2011, 03:45:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icefire

Note before we start: This is not a place to argue about religion. So if you're just here to debate religion, turn around and start your own thread. Also, you may name as many verses as you want!

My favorite verse is Zech. 4:6 "Then he said to me, "This is the word of the LORD to(H) Zerubbabel:(I) Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, says the LORD of hosts."

I have a bunch of other favorites, but I don't have time to list them right at the moment.
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

DanielofRedwall

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." - Joshua 1:9
Received mostly negative reviews.

Lutra

The one about the golden rule: So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets. (Matthew 7:12)

Just wish more people would follow it.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Gonff

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

DanielofRedwall

1 Peter 1:16 is good as well, "Be holy, for I am holy."
Received mostly negative reviews.

Nightfire

Genesis 1:1- In the beginning, GOD created the heavens and the earth. It's my life verse. The most authorative, definitive, and declaritive verse in the Bible! Second favorite is (of course) John 3:16. For God so loved the world that He gave his one and only son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. :)
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Icefire

Quote from: Nightfire on August 29, 2011, 10:07:18 PM
Genesis 1:1- In the beginning, GOD created the heavens and the earth. It's my life verse. The most authorative, definitive, and declaritive verse in the Bible!
Right! In the beginning, GOD! Awesome!
Also, Psalm 139 is great. It's kind of long, so I won't quote it here, but it's awesome!

Nightfire

Hey, have any of you ever read Psalm 166? It's pretty cool.

(by the way, the question that I just asked you guys? It's a riddle.)
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Icefire

Psalm 166? Yeah, I've read it! That and Philemon 2! lol

White One6193

Quote from: Nightfire on August 30, 2011, 06:17:09 PM
Hey, have any of you ever read Psalm 166? It's pretty cool.

(by the way, the question that I just asked you guys? It's a riddle.)
Caught it! You're actually sayin' 100th and 66th Psalms ;) ;D
"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!

Nightfire

Yup!  ;D Both Psalm 100 and Psalm 66 start in the same way. I am an avid Creationist, so I have been thouroughly memorizing the book of Genesis. Genesis 1:1 will always be my favorite and most inspirational. :)

Icefire

Do you mean Creationist? If so, me, too! Except for the so far bit. There is nothing you can do to convince me that creation is false because if creation is false, there's an error in the Bible and if one part's wrong you may as well throw the whole thing out and then there is no point in life whatsoever. Did any of that make sense?

Tiria Wildlough

My favourite:

Trust in the Lord With all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and he will make straight your paths.
Prov. 3 5 - 6
(From the English Standard Version)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Gonff

We have been discussing creation verses evolution and theistic evolution, etc. in science. We get our science from Bob Jones University so it's all from a christian world-view. My sister has been debating with a theistic evolutionist. I would say my sister has been winning, but the person she is debating doesn't think so.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Nightfire

Kent Hovind!!!! Watch his seminars on the Creation/Evolution battle. It's awesome! His website is www.drdino.com, and he has a lot of great articles.