News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

What are your favorite Bible verses?

Started by Icefire, August 29, 2011, 03:45:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icefire

Quote from: Skipper on November 19, 2011, 09:44:45 PM
im not religious but i like this one Exodus 22:24 My anger will be aroused, and I will kill you with the sword; your wives will become widows and your children fatherless. it sounds quite cool
Read the rest of it and you'll see what's really cool:
21 "You shall not wrong a sojourner or oppress him, for you were sojourners in the land of Egypt. 22 You shall not mistreat any widow or fatherless child. 23If you do mistreat them, and they cry out to me, I will surely hear their cry, 24and my wrath will burn, and I will kill you with the sword, and your wives shall become widows and your children fatherless.

That's how much God cares for His people!!!
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Trigoma

genisis 1:1 from direct translation of the greek. "light be, light was." that simple xD
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Nightfire

Cool. I really like these ones:

But they that wait upon the LORD, shall renew their strength: they shall mount up with wings as Eagles, they shall run and not be weary, and they shall walk, and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31

I am a brother to dragons, and a companion to owls.
Job 30:29 (dragons are actually mentioned a TON in the Bible.)

But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered: Fear not therefore, ye are of more value than many Sparrows.
Luke 12:7

Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.
Matthew 10:16

Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap, which neither have storehouses or barn, and God feeds them: How much more are ye better than the fowls?
Luke 12:24
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Cheesethief

Romans 8:38-39 = For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

btw has anyone seen the trueU series by stephen meyer about creationism and science. fantastic series i highly recommend it. similar to lee strobel's case for creation but far more convincing and better-made.

Captain Tammo

I like psalm 91 a lot. I have it memorized :D
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Icefire

Quote from: Captain Tammo on November 25, 2011, 05:12:24 PM
I like psalm 91 a lot. I have it memorized :D
That's a good one! I've memorized it before, too! I don't remember it now, but...

Nightfire

Has anyone noticed how, whenever owls are mentioned in the Bible, then dragons are mentioned in the same verse? Almost every single verse with an owl, there's a dragon as well. I love how there's dinosaurs in the Bible. ;D
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Icefire

Quote from: Nightfire on November 25, 2011, 07:35:10 PM
Has anyone noticed how, whenever owls are mentioned in the Bible, then dragons are mentioned in the same verse? Almost every single verse with an owl, there's a dragon as well. I love how there's dinosaurs in the Bible. ;D
Are you reading the King James Version? Really, dinosaur would be the better translation over dragon.

Nightfire

The word dinosaur wasn't invented until after the Bible was completed, and that's why they use the word dragon instead.

Psalm 166!!!

Lord Brocktree

Hebrews 13: 6

So we say with confidence,

"The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.
   What can man do to me?"

I love this verse because what can man do to a Christian? If they kill you, you go to heaven. WIN. If they don't kill you, you get to witness to them and they might become a Christian. WIN. With God on our side how can we fear the things of this world? Nothing can take away the gift of salvation God has given you, especially not man, so we have nothing to fear from this world. That is what I get out of this verse.
"An' if on an empty tummy I'm slain,
Then I'll jolly well never get killed again,
So pass the pudden an' fetch those pies,
An' I'll give the foebeast a rotten surprise!"

Nightfire

"You can't kill a Christian. You can only change his address." :)

"Remember they that are in bonds, as bound with them."
Hebrews 13:3

That verse always hits home with me, because I'm so involved with the Voice of the Martyrs.

Icefire

1 Shout for joy to God, all the earth;
2sing the glory of his name;
   give to him glorious praise!
3Say to God, "How awesome are your deeds!
  So great is your power that your enemies come cringing to you.
4 All the earth worships you
  and sings praises to you;
  they sing praises to your name."
Psalm 66: 1-4

Nightfire

Revelation. The entire book of Revelation.

Tiria Wildlough

My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

White One6193

Quote from: Icefire on September 17, 2011, 01:07:30 AM
Quote from: White One6193 on September 09, 2011, 01:49:20 AM
KEN HAM IS  AWESOME!!! Ever been to the Creation museum

*sigh* Not yet, but I'd like to someday! First I have to figure out where it is...

It is in Cincinatti, Ohio.
"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!