Amazing outdoors photos

Started by Izeroth, February 03, 2015, 04:05:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhera

Quote from: Delthion on February 11, 2015, 04:13:34 AM
First thing I thought of on the last two was; intestines! ;D ;D ;D ;D
:o Lovely.

Lake Natron, Tanzania

Apparently this lake has so much salt and natron that when an animal dies in it it calcifies. A photographer took advantage of this...
really weird

[close]

Skyblade

These are so beautiful! And here are more wonderful rivers! The best part is that they're not even edited. Found these online, by the way :)

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Russano the Wise

These are all great photos!

Here's some amazing pictures of a volcano in Indonesia that spews what looks like blue lava at night. However, the blue lava is actually burning sulfuric gases.

"But if you really love your friends, they're never really gone. Somewhere they're watching over you and they're always there inside your heart." -Martin the Warrior

The Skarzs

Simply impressive.

@Sky: That second one is a painting, though.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Skyblade

Quote from: The Skarzs on February 11, 2015, 11:00:45 PM
Simply impressive.

@Sky: That second one is a painting, though.

I thought it looked shifty, though the website where I found it said that it's real. Hmm, oh well... :-\

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Eulaliaaa!

Quote from: Russano the Wise on February 11, 2015, 10:15:25 PM
These are all great photos!

Here's some amazing pictures of a volcano in Indonesia that spews what looks like blue lava at night. However, the blue lava is actually burning sulfuric gases.

I've heard of that before, very cool!
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Mhera

Quote from: Skyblade on February 11, 2015, 11:04:15 PM
I thought it looked shifty, though the website where I found it said that it's real. Hmm, oh well... :-\
You're saying the Internet lied? No way! ;D

Abandoned salt mine in Yekaterinburg, Russia

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Eulaliaaa!

Pictures of The Great Salt Lake in Utah

I've been there before. Lesson learned, don't swim in it. No matter what they tell you... DON'T SWIM IN THAT LAKE!
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Mhera

Quote from: Eulaliaaa! on February 12, 2015, 03:04:35 AM
I've been there before. Lesson learned, don't swim in it. No matter what they tell you... DON'T SWIM IN THAT LAKE!
Why not? The only reason I can think of is if you jumped in with bad road rash or something like that...

Door to Hell, Turkmenistan. This formed as the result of a Soviet drilling accident; they wanted to get rid of the natural gas leaking from the hole so they set it on fire thinking it would burn off in a few weeks. That was over 40 years ago and it's still going.

Eulaliaaa!

The brine shrimp get everywhere and the bottom of the lake is squishy. Not to mention I got salt water up my nose and almost drown. Also the brine flies (I think that's they're called) stick to you after you get out of the lake, and the bathrooms are full of giant spiders. Not the best experience...

Faiyloe

Quote from: Mhera on February 09, 2015, 03:09:37 AM
Quote from: Cornflower MM on February 09, 2015, 01:07:35 AM
@Mhera: You go from lava to ice?! :D :D
Yesh. ;D (I have a folder dedicated to this kind of stuff, I'm just going through it randomly.)

Zhangye Danxia, China

doctor seuss
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Eulaliaaa!

Hahaha, now that you mention it, that does remind me of Doctor Seuss!

Izeroth

Badlands National Park, South Dakota

Delthion

What happened to all the plasma storms?! ;D ;D ;D ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.