News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Unnatural

Started by Faiyloe, February 05, 2015, 12:59:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueRose

The squirrelmaid had The Thing. Selva saw the electricity. When the strange squirrel left, it took the otter a moment of stunned blinking to realize exactly why the one called Alarie had gone back. Mentally cursing whatever higher power created The Thing, she darted off in the same direction, looking for any bit of light that she could gather without anybeast noticing. If she gathered enough, she might be able to start a fire. Selva hated The Thing. She hated using It. But she couldn't leave Alarie alone, now that she knew somebeast with a similar affliction in The Thing.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Dannflower Reguba

Saurrel hadn't moved, instead choosing to observe where the hunters and the prey were going. He was about to try something when he heard somebeast coming back... A squirrel obviously, all the noise was too high for it to be any of the others.... Alarie then, that was her name. And she chose to come back, completely ridiculous, unless she felt she could do something? No, responsibility? Was she gifted like himself? He didn't have any more time to think, she was on him just then. He stood firmly in her way, opening his arms to catch her should she not notice or choose not to stop.

**Whatever Faiy chooses to happen**

"Um, hello, aren't you supposed to be going the other way?"
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Lady Ashenwyte

Bane stopped and asked  the guards "Well, what happened here?" he asked as Ayashe came down to Bane with all their belongings.

OOC: Can I PP the guards?
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Unimaginative

OOC: My character, Rangi, is where you are. I'll post with him later when I have time.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Faiyloe

Patrick watched in shock as Alarie ran back and then the otter maid followed her. "The fool, She's gonna get herself killed," He said said cursing under his breath (Something he had heard his older brothers say). If he had been alone he would have gone after her, but he had to help Canny get to safety.  "

Alarie stopped and the other squirrel grabbed her shoulders.

"Um, hello, aren't you supposed to be going the other way?"

"I have to do something, they need to get away. You can either help me or get out of the way," She said, By this time the soldiers where almost on top of them.

I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

BlueRose

Selva caught up with the crazy squirrel, not without a fair amount of heavy breathing and sore footpaws. She decided not to advertise her presence; so she pushed a certain amount of light away from herself, a trick she learned that she found to be vital to her survival on the streets.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

The Skarzs

Haenrok ran doggedly, his mind in a turmoil of confusion and panic. Looking back for a moment to see how close his pursuers were, the sea otter stumbled as his stone arms caused him to fall. He could hear the soldiers shouting as they came closer to him, and he scrambled to his paws.
But it was too late. By the time he had regained his footing, the soldiers were upon him, hitting him with the blunt ends of their weapons, and in his futile attempts to block them with his arms, he felt himself slip into unconsciousness. As his vision blackened, he heard one of the soldiers issuing orders. "Tie 'im up; we're bringing him back to Trecor."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Dannflower Reguba

"What on earth could going back there be worth the risk of capture by royal soldiers!?" This had to be the craziest beast he'd ever met, "If they catch any of us, we're likely never to return!" His eyes reflected his sincerity, but he tried to be a little more gentle as his last words sounded, "I understand that you want your friends to escape, but this isn't going to do anything." Saurrel was frustrated, he didn't know when the next bout of his gift would surface, they came fairly frequently, and seemed to come often in a highly emotional or stressful situation, but he couldn't count on it quite yet... Some day.

OOC: Should I just re-name him Ervoyce now and save the trouble?  :P

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Faiyloe

OOC: No. I Purposefully tried to make her not like Vatra. Alarie would probably throw him out of the tree and have no second thoughts about it. Besides She had no fear of he ability only of the soldiers. 

BIC:

Alarie struggled out of his grip and jumped around him "One of them is hurt, they don't stand a chance. If the soldiers think that we are the only ones then perhaps we can lead them away from here," By this time soldiers had reached the clearing and the on leading the chase was about to pass under the tree. Alarie swung down feet first and kicked him hard in the face before pulling herself back up and darting threw the trees in the other direction.

Archel got up off the ground his nose bleeding He looked up to The two squirrels in the threes "After them!" He shouted.

OOC: Eric's group is still after Partick and Canny the rest, or most of the rest, are going to chase Alarie and the others.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Dannflower Reguba

This imbecile! The soldiers weren't stupid, they'd chase down everybeast that had any affiliation with them! They would split up, and the royal forces had a far larger number than theirs. She could go a lure away the ones that would follow, but he was going to protect the others. He felt an overwhelming anger, not only towards this other squirrel, but also towards the soldiers. He let the emotion fester and grow, nay, he nurtured it, he dashed on a course that would get him close enough to the others that when the time came, he could create a distraction that actually would keep the soldiers from following. He needed his gift and he needed it now!

Wylder Treejumper

Brenn was wandering along the treetops when he heard the shouts of soldiers and the pound of footpaws in the woods. Grinning, he hoofed it towards the sounds. This should be fun... He saw the youngbeasts dashing through the forest madly. He hopped passed them towards the soldiers. He had no great love for soldiers. They had chased him many a time, but thankfully, they weren't too bright. Suddenly, he saw another squirrel tearing madly through the trees just forward and lower than him. Deftly, the silver-furred squirrel jumped, turned in midair, and pushed off the trunk of an oak to run exactly besides Saurrel. He grinned and winked at him. "Need a place to hide yer mates whilst we give these blockheads the old runaround?"
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Izeroth

Bolting after the squirrel, Erich realized that he was playing right into his enemy's paws. The soldiers were heavily armored, the magic-users... not so much. Unless all the magical beasts suddenly dropped to the ground, the soldiers weren't going to catch up with them.

"Stop!" Erich yelled. "We'll never catch up with them at this rate. Let's regroup at the house and talk with the Captain."

LT Sandpaw

Gasping for breath and stumbling the weasel returned to his companions who were still holding Arron at spear point.

"Captain... Said...Bring...with." He rasped pointing at Arron. before sitting down heavily. The other weasels both raised their weapons grins stamped on their faces.

"We'll get a promotion for this fur sure." One said triumphantly pulling Arron to his feet.

"Where am I?" A voice suddenly called out. The rat had woken up and was rubbing his head. "Was going on?" He asked staring around at the three weasels and shrew.

"Were helping you with this here criminal, all ya have to do is tell the captain this is the creature that used the smoke on you an your companions." The weasel said quickly. "What's your name rat?"

"Sven, an that ain't the beast that use the smoke stuff, it was a cat not a shrew." Sven replied standing up. All three weasels looked surprised and a little dejected.

"Well, uh... Say it was him anyway or we'll kill ya!" The first weasel yelled angrily stabbing his spear at Sven. The rat responded by pulling the weapon from the weasels paw and bringing it crashing down on the weasels head knocking him out cold.

"Hey." Yelled another of the weasels taking his eyes of Arron to turn on the rat. Jumping at his chance Arron leaped at the unsuspecting weasels back slapping his paws on the weasels ears feeling his anger rise.

"Aaagh!" The weasel screamed his ears burned to ash. Yelling in panic Arron jumped away looking at his paws as the Sven dealt with the last weasel.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

BlueRose

Selva rolled her eye and started pattering through the shadows, following the soldiers who were following the squirrels. At least she hadn't needed to use The Thing much. As the soldiers stopped, she would have run straight into them if she hadn't felt the sunlight glinting on metal. She skirted them and kept going, with no intention, however, of rejoining the squirrels. Her path took her back towards the other two.

Izeroth

OOC: Uh, Sandpaw, the rats were threatening Haenrok. Sven isn't exactly hero material, if you know what I mean.