News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Brian Jacques 2015 Memorial Day Feast

Started by James Gryphon, February 05, 2015, 05:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Gryphon

Y'all know the drill. Eat and drink various food and beverages. We'll even allow you to throw some at other members later on, after the main part of the meal is done. However, there's a very special rule for today: you must describe the appearance, taste, and texture of the food and drink that you're consuming.

You may begin!
« Subject to editing »

The Skarzs

To the author of my inspiration and many hours of entertainment! *Lifts glass.*
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Hickory

*clinks glass against Skarz's* Yes, to the best children's book author of all time!
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Mhera

*joins Skarzs and Sage with a tankard of bubbly pink strawberry fizz, trying not to spill any of the sweet liquid during the toast*

To Jacques!

Hickory

*downs cup of cool cider, and reaches for nearby salad* Yes, chaps, quite good food we have here, courtesy of Mr. Jaques, wot?

Lady Amber

To Brian! *Lifts cup of pink, cold, and smooth strawberry cordial* 8)

Skyblade

A toast to a truly creative and memorable author! You live on, Brian Jacques :)

*drinks cider*

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Wot, wot!

To Brian Jacques, the most amazing and inspiring author! *lifts glass of October ale*
"Get him! Grab that spy! I want his head!"
Basil chuckled. "What's the matter? Isn't your own head good enough? No, I don't suppose it is. Ugly-looking brute, aren't you?" -Basil to Cluny the Scourge (Redwall)

"The second you change "I can't" into "why not", you can do anything in the world."

The Mask

I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Lady Ashenwyte

To Brian Jacques, may he live forever in our hearts! *Lifts bowl of clear, sweet, thick honey and drinks it*
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Hickory

*chows down on large pastie* I say, chaps, thans to Mr. BJ for alll this wunnerful tuck, eh?

Captain Tammo

As Captain Tammo indulged in a towering leafy salad, piled high with cucumber, broccoli, walnuts, savory sliced red apples, avocado, and an assortment of various foreign vegetables brought in by travelers, he spots a peculiar thing across the table and was immediately enchanted.

Never in his life had Tammo seen something so beautiful as this: a gorgeous looking three-tiered mixed-berry truffle cake, sitting all alone at the far end of the long table. It was still fresh! A soft, spongy cake topped with meadowcream layered on such that they resembled late rose blossoms. Carefully picked strawberries, the very ripest of the bunch, sat atop the masterpiece ready to burst at so much as the slightest touch. Blueberries had been smashed into a paste, then mixed with honey and heated to a hot syrup-like mixture. It oozed down from the top tier onto the lower layers like a hot-spring of molasses. It steamed in the bright light of Cavern Hole, making the immediate air above seem to shimmer in delight.

Tammo set aside his salad, grabbed a fork so big that it would have been like a pitchfork to a dibbun, and made his way over to the cake, nearly floating above the table on nothing more than its smell.
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Lady Ashenwyte

Ashenwyte took a blade so sharp that it would slice mountains into two and open a thick, sturdy cardboard box, revealing luscious fruits, shining like gifts from life.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Cornflower MM

To Brian, a wonderful writer! May his spirit live on in his wonderful books and in our memories. *Lifts glass of chilled smooth brown apple cider hopefully*

(Ho-ly crows I'm late! Sorry!)