News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Crazy Facts and Myths Debunked

Started by Skyblade, February 07, 2015, 01:53:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukka the Sling

Actually, there's a lot of evidence to the contrary.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Mhera

Fact: there is nothing in this thread we can't debate.

Izeroth

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on February 26, 2015, 12:12:17 AM
Actually, there's a lot of evidence to the contrary.

What evidence? There's basically a scientific consensus on this...

James Gryphon

Quote from: Jukka & Izerothvax/anti-vax debate
Don't even go there.
« Subject to editing »

Jetthebinturong

Sorry but you literally cannot contract autism, it is something you are born with that develops as time goes on
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Izeroth

Moving on... If anyone wants to debate me on that, please send me a PM.

Skyblade

Guys, please try not to get into heated debates here :-\ This is just a thread to share things you believe are true. If someone else thinks otherwise, he can go look it up or whatever else he pleases.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Rusvul

The Skarzs

^Inarguable. :P

Imagine the Milky Way, something comprised of millions of stars, each so incredibly far apart that we may never reach them. That being said, what about the distance from one galaxy to another? What if all those galaxies are like the stars in our own galaxy, galaxies inside galaxies unto infinity?

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on February 26, 2015, 12:21:13 AM
Sorry but you literally cannot contract autism, it is something you are born with that develops as time goes on
Not meaning to cause debate, but I would like to mention that if the pregnant mother comes into contact with someone infected with German measles, or rubella, the infant can contract congenital rubella syndrome, sometimes causing severe autism.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

As I said, it's something you're born with, I don't count contraction before birth as contraction
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Skarzs

I see.

The dark side of the moon has never seen the light of the sun.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Izeroth

If the Sun suddenly disappeared, it would take us a little more than 8 minutes to realize it. This is because it takes the Sun's light that much time to reach Earth.

Delthion

Quote from: Mhera on February 26, 2015, 12:13:32 AM
Fact: there is nothing in this thread we can't debate.

This was refuted by this:
Quote from: The Skarzs on February 26, 2015, 01:59:21 AM
^Inarguable. :P

Imagine the Milky Way, something comprised of millions of stars, each so incredibly far apart that we may never reach them. That being said, what about the distance from one galaxy to another? What if all those galaxies are like the stars in our own galaxy, galaxies inside galaxies unto infinity?

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on February 26, 2015, 12:21:13 AM
Not meaning to cause debate, but I would like to mention that if the pregnant mother comes into contact with someone infected with German measles, or rubella, the infant can contract congenital rubella syndrome, sometimes causing severe autism.

;D ;D ;D ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Izeroth

Quote from: Izeroth on February 11, 2015, 12:30:04 AM
Ostriches don't bury their heads in the ground.

You can't debate that. That's a fact.

Rusvul

Well, actually, you could debate space being big, just not with an argument that made any sense from a human perspective.

'Big' is a relative term. It means physically large in size, relative to your perspective. Ants see us as big, we see elephants as big, elephants see whales as big. We see space as big, but if you are measuring with 'bigger than space' as your standard for 'normal,' space is small.